Translate

Monday 5 June 2017

Watercolour Backgrounds and Cards

This is a very photo post. I was trying to decide what to do for the
challenge this week for Muse Card Challenge.
Its Ardyth's Birthday 
We were told to pick one of Ardyth's cards
and CASE it. I  went to her blog MASKerade. Now if you
have never been there its time to go and look, she also has a Pinterest account
and Instagram. But you will find the same problem I had. There was
so so much Inspiration I kept changing my mind and then thinking no I'll do
this, then that.
Well I loved this card particularly
The colours (my favourite colours), the big white sentiment,
the white flowers and enamel centres. All so clean and crisp
and beautiful.


Of course I had to make some watercolour backgrounds, I did them with zigs
and of course I got distracted and made lots of different 3 colour mixes, then some rainbows
Then some loose mixes and all in all made a ton of extra watercolour backgrounds. Then I had
to decide on which backgrounds to use. The backgrounds I used are not in these photos
and I have not included all the cards, I ended up putting some aside. I also die cut a few different
flowers and butterflies and sentiments, all in white. Other ideas started buzzing around, watercolour
mixes for the flowers and butterflies and a bit of gold dipping or foiling and yes I stopped
before I lost sight of where I started.

This card was with a yellow and green zig blended toward each other with lots of
water till I got that third colour. Three stitched flowers and the 'Sunshine' sentiment.

Die cut with stitched rectangle die.


Added some green and yellow enamel gems.



Pink and Yellow and a little orange to blend these colours well.
Added die cut stitched butterflies and die cut the panel with stitched die.

Finished with 'birthday' diecut and stamped wishes.



Another panel with yellow, orange and pink zigs blended nicely together
with lots of water.

Die stitched rectangle cut again and stitched butterflies as well.
'Happy' Die cut and stamped birthday.




Last one green, blue and lilac zigs blended. The stitched rectangle
die again. Stitched die cut flowers with blue gems.



Die cut 'Hello' and all finished. What I have now are a wonderful collection of cards to give someone as a gift set. Such an easy design and love the crisp white sentiments and flowers/butterflies.

I can also tell you I could make a set of cards everyday for a year with the inspiration from Ardyth. The hardest thing is trying to do something from her inspiration but not  do exactly as it is. Ardith truly has a CAS style, a style that is easy to go with, totally.

Challenges:


I need to nominate one so I will go with the 'Hello'
card as I have taken Inspiration from Ardyth but also added
my own touch. 



Happy Birthday is vibrant summer colours
and butterflies all the things of Summer.




Sunshine watercolour card.





Birthday Wishes card.




Thank you so much for coming to have a look and I hope you come again soon.




15 comments:

Ardyth said...

Oh WOW! Look at you go! These are stunning - love the bright backgrounds and how versatile they will be for future projects! Thanks for the birthday wishes and for linking up - so glad you made it to my party!

Cara said...

This is such a fabulous set of cards, looks like you got totally inspired and went with the flow!

nancy littrell said...

All your Zig watercoloured backgrounds are soooo beautiful Aileen. TFS all your backgrounds and your 3 cards. So pleased you added your 2nd card to our CAS Watercolour Challenge. Hugs.

Jeanne H said...

Love all your cards! Yes, some wonderful backgrounds. tfs

lostinpaper said...

Beautiful! I only saw her video on Instagram yesterday making a watercoloured background, you have nailed it Aileen!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful watercolor backgrounds, Aileen! I love all the stitched die cuts with them! A lovely set of cards! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Loll said...

Gorgeous array of watercoloured cards, Aileen. Love the mix of three colours for your backgrounds. They are all so pretty, but especially love the Happy Birthday with the yellow, orange and pink (my fav colours!). Such a great idea to make up a lot of watercoloured backgrounds to have on hand. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Anita in France said...

Wow, Aileen ... such gorgeous backgrounds ... all those in the first picture and those you created these beauties with! Love all those vibrant colours with the crisp white ... it's difficult to choose a favourite, though I must admit to being especially taken with the last one, those blue hues are just luscious! Hugs, Anita :)

Christine Alexander said...

so pretty, all the rainbow backgrounds are really beautiful and all very summery colours, Thanks for playing along with CAS watercolours great card.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow....these are so beautiful. I love each one of them, all those colors are amazing. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Muse!

Virginia L. said...

Wow, super bright!! Perfect for the cards, Ardyth! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

BożenA said...

Hello Aileen,
I congratulate you on winning at Muse, the right choice DT :-)) The blue card is very, very beautiful. Like the Caribbean Sea :-))
Hugs,
BożenA

maria f. said...

Brilliant designs, Aileen! Keeping the added elements white really lets your BGs shine.

Bobby said...

It looks like once you got started you just couldn't stop, Aileen, and how great that all those backgrounds will be ready when you want to make a card. The ones you did make are wonderful and a great take on Ardyth's.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I a loving all of those gorgeous backgrounds! Your designs are beautiful. Love the delicate butterflies and flowers you used. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!