Translate

Saturday 4 June 2016

Happy Birthday Beautiful Butterfly on Kraft


I've used the Hero Art butterfly here. I stamped and white embossed straight onto the kraft cardstock. I have coloured in with Coloursoft pencils staying with reds and oranges and assed a bit of black for depth around the outside of the wings.
I added white dots then decided I didnt like them so I went back over them with the pencils each the one set of three in each area. Much happier. Added a butterfly body from a die cut butterfly set as it fits perfectly.

I stamped and white embossed the sentiment (after first checking it was straight with black ink on a scrap of paper then off stamped till I thought it was nearly clean then idiot brain kicked in and I used my versamark ink pad thinking I will ink up and stamp off till its clear and lets not think about the ink pad for at least 4 times could a person be so stupid. Yes she could lol ahh well we can but learn)

Anyway finally stamped the sentiment and embossed in white and finished off the whole thing with a few wee red gems and added Wink of Stella to the wings and they have a wonderful shimmer but it doesn't show up in the photos.. Nice, clean and simple. 





I have gone without the topping for this card.






Thank you for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.





15 comments:

maria f. said...

What a beautful card. It looks fabulous on kraft.

Jane said...

Loving the contrast of the hot coloured butterfly with the kraft card. Thanks for joining in AAA cards Big Birthday Bash.

Ruth said...

It's gorgeous - I love seeing colouring on Kraft and the colours you've chosen are so striking. Red is my favourite colour :) xx

Mac Mable said...

Yep I've done that too with my versa mark ink x The colours you've used are so perfect with the kraft card. Such an elegant card x

Karren said...

Beautiful and striking card, Aileen! The shading in your colouring is fabulous.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

AWESOME what you always create with that gorgeous butterfly - it looks fantastic on Kraft ("cause you colored it perfectly)!

Kim Heggins said...

Simply amazing butterfly! Just love those fabulous colors.

lostinpaper said...

Love the bright bold look of those coloursoft pencils, I heard they are really lovely to work with.... might have to give them a try one day (now, if you only just lived around the corner we could meet and have fun colouring together).

Justine Hovey said...

Gorgeous kraft card I love how the colours are so vibrant against the embossing and background! Thanks for celebrating our 2nd birthday with us at AAA Cards!

Cara said...

Love this on the Kraft card. Glad to hear it's not just me that messes up with ink pads! Cara x

Colleen said...

Aileen, you always have such beautiful and unique cards, the butterfly is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing this at Seize the Birthday!

TaeEun said...

Love your red butterfly on the kraft, Aileen! Gorgeous shading and the die cut body makes it perfect!

Unknown said...

Stunning creation.

Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Catz

Tracey DTxx

Nancy said...

CAS and Fabulous as always! Have a great day and thanks for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful butterfly. Love your card. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.