Translate

Sunday 12 June 2016

Happy Birthday Monsters


Some cute monsters (well as cute as a monster can be). These are digital images
from Tiddy Inks, another of my favourites in digital images. I've had these monsters for a while but this is the first time I have inked them up. I decided to try stocking up on children cards, well at least till my son comes to visit and goes through the cards for ones they could use.

I have coloured with Copics and added a little variation by giving some contrasting horns and feet. After colouring I went back and redefined their teeth with the white gel pen then re-outlined.

I stamped the Happy with one idea in mind then realised by die cut 'birthday would go over the balloon so I decided to put the sentiment up higher and added gold mirror cardstock die cut streamers and wee little gold dots. I think it works and I love the look of my monsters.

Challenges?









Without the topping.


Thanks so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.





21 comments:

Ruth said...

I love it - so bright and cheerful for anyone, let alone children (I love bright cheery card). Lovely colouring and I like the added touch of the gold streamers. Xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your monsters are quite adorable! Love the bright colors too :)

Peanut said...

EEeeeek! Super fun card, Aileen.
x Asha

Cara said...

This is so fun! Love the colouring of those monsters and the sentiment works perfectly. Cara x

Nancy said...

Those monsters are adorable Aileen! Love your shiny party streamers too! Thanks for taking the time to share your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning card the aliens are so cute. Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog challenge H for Hand Coloured Image. Hugs Jackie (DT)

Greta said...

Fabulous card--wonderfully colored & designed, Aileen!

lostinpaper said...

Cutest monsters ever!

Unknown said...

LOVE your bright monsters and the gold streamers! Such a fun and happy card!!

Jenna ♥ said...

Wow this is cute card, Aileen! Great monster's image and colouring! Love it! Have a FAB week. Hugs Jenna

Flo Langley said...

Brilliant. Love this Aileen.
Flo x

Pop's Cards said...

This is simply gorgeous sweetie not at all scary :0) Love your IG name, my internet has been down so have not been on for a few days, hugs Pops x

Karen Dunbrook said...

total cuteness!!! smiling!!

Loll said...

Super cute Aileen!! xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my what a fabulous fun card Aileen those little monsters are smashing and so colourful, ACE make
hugs
lorraine x

JoAnn said...

Love those cute and colorful birthday monsters. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Kim Heggins said...

OH MY GOODNESS....just love your card! Your sweet monster trio is as cute as can be.

Tracey C - Unicorncrafter said...

An absolutely gorgeous creation :) Thanks for joining in on the Morgan's Artworld Blog challenge this week. Hugs Tracey C DT

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge and we hope to see you again for the next challenge.

Helen x
(DT Member)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Those monsters - too darn cute! I guess I have not been here in a while - so much to catch up....was swamped with work the last tow weeks...

Eileen said...

This card is SO VERY CUTE!!!! Love it!