Translate

Saturday 18 June 2016

Best Wishes & Live Laugh Love

Two cards today, both using background stamps and sentiment dies.

This first card is using a Hero Arts Background stamp I have used a few times before. Last time I did on watercolour paper and coloured  randomly and sparingly. This time I have gold embossed on Vellum then coloured using Zigs.

I love using the Zig watercolours on vellum and find they work beautifully by blending a light colour with a dark contrast colour without water. I find I have no warping when used this way. In this instance I have used a light yellow zig and the red wine zig.


After I finished colouring I went back over the coloured sections with Wink of Stella ( getting very low, had to add water to the cylinder to get more use out of it). Love the sparkle.



I played around with a few different ideas for the panel behind the vellum and decided to keep it simple and went with white cardbase. Finished it off with a'Best Wishes' die cut out of gold mirror cardstock.  Attached the vellum by leaving it slightly longer than the card front and tapped down at the back of the card. Also added some little dots of glue behind some of the coloured sections.

It really looks wonderful IRL but I feel the photo doesn't show it to its best.


This next card


Is a IO Impression Obsession background stamp. I was trying to get a rose background stamp from another company and overtime I tried it was sold out and then saw this one and fell in love. Love how this looks. I stamped and gold embossed on Multimedia paper (thanks Loll, fantastic suggestion) and water coloured with zigs. In this instance I have used water, so I just scribbled on each flower with a bit of colour then tidied up each with water and brush. In some instances I have combined a couple of colours in others I have just added a second layer of the same colour to some petals.



For some of the colours I used a much darker colour and then pulled with the brush to blend colours to add light and shadow. Of course once it was dry I then went over everything with my Wink of Stella to add a wee bit of glitter.


I couldn't decide what to do with the panel once coloured sit was large and I thought maybe I should cut up panel but someone suggested I use a large sentiment die. I had purchased this word die which was a very good price. But when it arrived it was one of those purchases I looked at and thought 'Aileen check the dimensions first'. It went in a draw as a decide what to do with that later, I couldn't see myself using it as it was so large. Well I'm glad it was suggested I use a large word die, I got it out and found it was not too big after all. It looks fantastic on this card and would also be great for other card fronts with washes colour. Its from Kaisercraft, isn't it fantastic.
I cut three times in white card stock, once out of the panel itself (to be used later) and once from gold card stock. Inset the die in the card front then layered.
Doesn't need anything else, perfect as it is. Even if I do say so myself.

Challenges:

Best Wishes card.



Best Wishes on your Birthday







Live Laugh Love card.




Live Laugh Love card



Live Laugh Love card


Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.








27 comments:

Ruth said...

You really do get the most from those Zigs. Something I could never do. I love all the background and you really did get that rose one just perfect. The colour gradation is wonderful and the die cut sentiment on top is beautiful. Really gorgeous cards. Xx

lostinpaper said...

Both cards are totally amazing Aileen, the colours are so vivid and such clever techniques! Love you comment about the large die, I had the same experience myself only recently, just had to get my head around it and it's all good again lol.

Peanut said...

WOW! These are amazing, Aileen. My fave colour combo at the moment.
x Asha

Pat said...

Two beautiful cards, lovely colours, thanks for sharing at Alphabet Challenge.

Pat xx

Anonymous said...

Two gorgeous cards. Love the colour and all the sparkle.

TaeEun said...

Wow! Both are beautiful, Aileen! The sentiment on the second card looks gorgeous, isn't too big at all! I should try to watercolor on a vellum using Zig. It looks beautiful!

Kim Heggins said...

Two over the top amazing cards....love them both but your second card with all those gorgeous roses is stunning.

Mac Mable said...

Both stunning cards with the most beautiful colours and wink of stella! Great idea to cut out the sentiment from the second card to use again x

cm said...

STUNNING x two, Aileen! The yellow/wine on both is so striking! My favourite: the incredibly pretty roses that are a perfect canvas for that large word die (which is amazing!). WOW!!
~carol

Katja said...

Great card.

Thanks for playing with us @ Creative Friday.
Hugs, Katja

Anita in France said...

Both stunning, Aileen ... the shading on those roses is just gorgeous ... and I'm sooo taken with that awesome Zigs on vellum, gold embossed beauty ... swoonable! Hugs, Anita :)

coldwaters2 said...

Wow two beautiful creations Aileen that first one looks like pure honey made me lick my lips, lol, the second is just as wonderful those colours are so summery and joyful, love them
hugs
lorraine x

Loll said...

Two gorgeous cards Aileen. Love the gold embossing on both. And such beautiful colours you've used. I tried colouring with zigs on vellum, but the colours stick to the heat embossing and showed. Not sure what to do about that. Anyways, LOVE both cards. Very striking and full of colours. The large sentiment on the second card is just perfect!! Aren't you glad you got it??!! :) xx

Greta said...

I noticed 2 rose background stamps at IO & cheaper than the 1 I've been planning to get, so will use my gc for that. I had using my Zigs in mind, but I don't have that large die, so I won't totally be copying you--haha! The first card is amazing! I hadn't thought to try Zigs on vellum, but now I will! Thanks for the inspiration, Aileen!

MaryH said...

Both of these beauties are just AH-mazing! the gold embossing highlights the wonderful zig coloring so intensely, and makes for a most elegant look. Thanks for explaining how you did this, as it's something I wouldn't have thought to try. Absolutely love both of the cards, but think the roses might be my fav here..(well, it's hard to say). The IO CAC stamps are wonderful, and I'll have to check on this one. Adding the bold gold sentiment was another WOW factor too! As Anita said above...both are "swoonable". TFS & Hugs

Barbara said...

Two fabulous cards, but oh, that rose card is stunning! Love the sentiment die......I was lucky enough to visit the Kaisercraft outlet in Melbourne a few years ago. I was like a kid in a sweet shop, what an amazing place. I'll try to source the die in the UK, but not holding out much hope. I'm now following your blog by email xx

Colleen said...

Amazing cards, Aileen! They are both so colorful. I love the gold embossed one and WOW, I didn't know about zigs on vellum, will totally give that a try!!! Thank you again for sharing your creations with us at Seize the Birthday!

Cara said...

These are just beautiful. Cara x

Tammy said...

WOW these are absolutely gorgeous Aileen! I love the gold embossing and the bright colors! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.
Tammy

Karren said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Aileen! So shimmery and rich-looking!

Karren said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Aileen! So shimmery and rich-looking!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful Aileen! I especially love the rose background! You know the colours are like sunset, so you could enter the Mixed Media Card Challenge http://themixedmediacardchallenge.blogspot.com.au/search/label/challenge

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Both cards are amazing!!!! Especially the one with the roses!Your coloring is superb and you managed to create such depth!

BożenA said...

Both cards denying breath. Beautiful colors and great coloring technique. The first card looks like it was made of gold. Very impressive! The second card is simply a festival of colors. Both excellent!
hugs,
BozenA

Glenda J said...

Absolutely stunning!!! Well done. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Rahmat said...

2 gorgeous cards, very bold and bright colors, thanks for joining us at HLS.

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the colour!!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!