Translate

Thursday 2 June 2016

Love You using Faux Mother of Pearl Papers

I saw the challenge at CAS(E) this sketch #174!

and as with many of my cards a LMC popped into my head and this is what I came up with.


I had some white card scraps that I had done the Faux Mother of Pearl technique on.
I have attached a link to Loll's video as its so easy to follow and I reckon she's the queen of Faux Mother of Pearl.(Loll Thompson) . If you are looking and thinking this is strange pearl look yes I did pearl on some but also decided to try with gold (Silks Paint) for contrast.

If you click on the image to enbiggen you will see how beautiful this piece of card stock is.
Anyhoo I die cut twice once from this scrap of coloured cardstock and once from a glossy purple paper. Originally I stuck down the purple outline of the heart and then put all the Faux pieces back in place but I wasn't happy with the finished look. 
Then I held the original die cut heart in place and really liked what I saw so I glued it in place and it sits just slightly higher.

The big heart is to represent the big star and I wanted small hearts and was going to stamp all around with different heart sizes and designs then remembered my other heart die that is full of little hearts and there was just enough space left on the scrap piece to cut nearly all the little hearts.
I played around for a while till I was happy with the scattering and colours and still had over a dozen hearts left (for another time). I then glued them all down. Looked at lots of sentiments but felt this one 'love you' die cut was the best. It just flowed across the hearts and Elysha proclaimed it 'Bwful' in correct english thats Beautiful. So that was good enough for me.

Challenges entered








Thanks so much for coming to visit and please come again soon.









21 comments:

Hannelie said...

That gold accents are just the wow factor a CAS card needs!
Thanks for joining CASology and CTS this week Aileen!
Hugs

Anita in France said...

Wow, what a stunner, Aileen ... the shimmery gold with that luscious purple is just gorgeous ... love the dimension! Hugs, Anita :)

Marina said...

Love the shine!

Flo Langley said...

Beautiful! x

Mac Mable said...

What a 'Bwful' card. Love the colours and all set off beautifully with the gold sentiment. Loving the faux mother of pearl colours you've used. I'm back from a wonderful peaceful and relaxing holiday, missed all the wonderful inspiration on your blog x

*Vicki* said...

Oh my this is absolutely stunning!! Love the technique you've used and the purple colors are my fave! :) HUGS

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous scatter of hearts! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week, Aileen!

Ruth said...

It's beautiful! I love the way the outline heart sits higher on the heart, and with all the little hearts around about it, it just works to well. Love the colour and the added gold. Xx

Joyce said...

This is so beautiful. I love that faceted heart, and how you added gold to the purple. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology and helping us celebrate our 200th challenge.

Loll said...

This is gorgeous Aileen!! Love your gold faux mother of pearl. And I love the design with all those sweet hearts. Thanks so much for the shout out. This would be perfect for CAS Mix Up June challenge - Die-cuts. Hope you'll join us. xx

Greta said...

Oh what a beautiful card, Aileen!

Marybeth said...

Aileen this heart is gorgeous with the faux pearl and the gold word die on top! Beautiful card! Wow!

Cara said...

That paper is just yummy and makes a stunning card, definitely beautiful. Cara x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awesome gold sparkle! Looks fabulous with the purple!

Unknown said...

Very pretty Aileen. What a beautiful colour combination, and that gold sentiment really pops! Fantastic that you could join us at CASology for our 200th challenge!

Neets B said...

The gold looks beautiful here, love your scattering of hearts too, lovely creation.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous card...love your beautiful heart! Just stunning.

Julie B said...

Yep, Loll is a great inspiration to me also. Love the main heart with all the others spreading out.
THanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

Craftyfield said...

That shade of blue is gorgeous, and combining it with gold is an excellent idea, just as good as the original Mother of Pearl! I too think your card is 'Bwful'...

TaeEun said...

The faux mother of pearl with added gold looks really beautiful, Aileen! I should try this some day! Hope the weather gets better there!