Translate

Friday 3 June 2016

Ohhh my Goodness


I was inspired for the Less is More Challenge Sketch
and like a lot of my cards they come to me just towards the last minute. Another of those times I was just about to go to bed and thought when does that challenge end 'oops' I will miss it. So being a true martyr I stayed up to make a card. 


I was looking through my pre stamped and printed up images for a bit of inspiration and came across

this cutie. I had manipulated the image in Adobe Illustrator so that she was peering around the corner (not my idea, I saw this wonderful idea on Lostinpaper where Therese actually did hers with the rubber stamp version (mine was digital). And I just went to get the link and nearly died (I had in some subconscious  way picked the similar colours for dress and trim yet I have not seen this since March.



After colouring her I sat pondering what to do for the 'oh my goodness' and remembered I had a stencil Tim Holtz 'Broken Glass' perfect for this. I penciled in a line then taped down the stencil and did the blending with 'tumbled glass'. It got a bit dark around near the hole but it was harder to get the little bits to show and actually I liked the look.

Inside of the card is still to be decided on. I finished it off with a silver strip to show the window trim. To be honest I really like the way this turned out and am so pleased that Therese's inspiration gave me something to work with.

Challenges:





Thanks so much for coming to look and I hope you come again soon.



15 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This put a big smile on my face - just perfect the stencil, the little girl and that sentiment together!

Dotty Jo said...

I love your card! Jo x

Ruth said...

Love it!! Love her expression and that broken glass is perfect! You're always so clever at the last minute. I just give up! Xx

Esther said...

This looks great! Love how the girl is peeking round the paper, and the TH stencil was the perfect choice. Fab card!

lostinpaper said...

WOW Aileen, she is such a cutie and coloured to perfection (and quite a different colour really lol). thanks so much for the shout out, Hugs x

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for sharing this beauty. Loving the idea and the layout. Beautiful colouring in and loving the stencil you've used. Gorgeous card x Glad you stayed up to make it x

Joyce said...

Oh, that girl is adorable, peeking out to see what is going on! Fab stencil as well.

Flo Langley said...

Aww! cute card. Happy Saturday.
Flo x

TaeEun said...

What a fun take on the LIM sketch! The broken window and the little girl's gesture make a perfect scene for the sentiment :)! BTW I like that the blending around the hole is darker.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is such a fun take on the sketch. Super image and she's beautifully coloured. Thanks for sharing this with us at Less is More.
Sharon xx

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, this is adorable!! everything is coloured so beautifully and the stencil, sentiment and expression on her face are so nicely coordinated!

Anne said...

What a fun card! Love the image and the way you combined her with the 'broken glass'!
Thanks so much for joining us this week
Anne
“Less is More”

Kim Heggins said...

You are so stinkin' talented my dear....this has to be one of the sweetest cards ever made!!! Just love it.

Cara said...

I love this. What a brilliant interpretation of the sketch, she's so cute. Cara x

Chrissie said...

I'm just catching up on commenting, as I was away on a choir tour in chilly Derbyshire last week.
This really made me smile... love the little girl peeking out!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"