Sounds so simple, doesn't it! Well then you have me who had to overthink the whole idea. Wait till you see all the marvellous cards on The Flower Challenge Blog where the Design Team have added their ideas.
First I would like to point out that were it looks like I have yellowish strips each side of the vellum it is actually the silver glitter tape. Looks amazing IRL but really ruins the shot here. I have white embossed on vellum then added colour with Zig watercolour brushes moving and thinning the colour with my Nuvo clear glitter brush.
I tried to take a photo to show the amazing sparkle on the petals but when I went to Photoshop what was glitter had become white so looked like embossed powder not cleaned off properly. White card base shows off the colouring perfectly.
It is such a pretty stamp from Simon Says and I can see so many ways to use it. I have succeeded in using it for four cards but really only liked two out of that batch. It will be used more as I have also embossed in white, gold, pewter and stamped for Copic colouring, then onto multimedia cardstock and vellum.
This is one of my fails, but my husband reckons it looks wonderful so I made a card from it anyway.
In this instance I added Tim Holtz Distress oxide and then added Distress Ink over it as I didnt have a dark enough blue in the Oxides. I found they work beautifully together and the sheet looked amazing before I went any further, the blending like silk. I added this piece to a white card base but realised you can barely see the white of the card.
I then heat embossed with Gold Embossing power, you may notice the outline looks a bit thicker than it should. when I pressed down in my Misty the second time obviously the piece had moved slightly, I was going to toss then but looking at it I decided it looked ok. I then used a wet brush, and extra water to add water in areas I wanted to lift colour using paper towel to blot it.
I felt it wasnt getting light enough in the end so I added pencil in white and grey to define the flowers better. I did some loose flicks of water around the card.
I still wasn't happy and decided to add dark blue to define the flower outline in copic. No I don't like it and I certainly wont give it to anyone. But I have left it here so you can see that for each success there can also be total stuff ups.
In the mid-month post I'll share two other botched cards. Four before I got the one I liked.
No wonder I don't use my stamps from Mount NBUS, I took over 4 hours just stamping and embossing all the mediums I wanted to use this stamp on and of course I had to clean up after. I could really do with a fan that just wanted to do prep and clean up after me so I don't have worry about the accumulating mess. Ohh and they could do the same for me in the kitchen too.......obviously I was meant to be born a princess.
Okay enough disaster talk time to go over to the Flower Challenge blog and see what the others have been up to.
Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope to see you again soon......