Translate

Tuesday 4 August 2020

The Flower Challenge #47 Add Sparkle


This has  got to be the easiest challenge ever - ADD SPARKLE, I love Sparkle, you can never have enough Sparkle.  

I have watercoloured this stamped image from The Ton it is an amazing stamp set with lots to choose from and like many of my stamps not used enough as I have so many.......

I stamped on watercolour paper and coloured with my Zig watercolour brushes and lots of water
to keep the colours really light. I had to force myself to stop as you know I like (love) vibrant colours but I am trying to get myself to go lightly as it too is beautiful.

I then decided to add a silver mirror cardstock frame. I wanted to make it look like a picture on a wall so looked for pattern paper I felt worked with the image. I found this amazing shimmer paper that is black but has a dark maroon colour as well. It is in a Chinese style pattern and I felt it was perfect for this card.


I also added the framed image crooked as I like this look
not having to worry about correct line up ( and I thought it should look like
all the paintings and photos on my walls that all hang with this crooked
look that to my eye looks straight and John has despaired of correcting).

Ok so nows it time to go check out what the Design Team have been up to and I am sad to say that this is to be Karen's last challenge with us. Karen is one of the originals that I asked to join us with this challenge and like all the other original members totally shocked me when she said yes. Karens style is amazing to see and I love that she shares how she makes her cards and offers tutorials. Life takes us all in different directions constantly and for now it has moved Karen in a different direction. We will miss your cards, your kindness and relaxed easy going friendship in the Design Team Karen.

This month our Guest Designer is Darnell Knauss. 
When you go to Darnell's  blog go prepared to be entertained. Darnell has a knack of entertaining through her wonderful posts and has a wonderful following that reads every post and often comments. She was one of the first blogs I followed and helped me get the confidence to have a blog and post my cards rather than just Flickr (yes before Instagram). Darnell always left the most encouraging comments and helped me learn set up etc for the blog and pushed me to go in challenges. She has been and continues to be a great influence in the card community. 

Thank you so much for coming to check out my card, please take the time to leave a comment so I know you have been. I love reading comments and always appreciate the positive wonderful things people have to say.

See you again soon I hope

Crafty Hugs Aileen




13 comments:

Darnell said...

Ah, now you've gone and made it hard for me to type through teary eyes, Aileen! You're very kind. It's been a joy to watch you grow and become your own influence in our wonderful blogging community through your blog and challenge and your amazing painted cards which are recognizable as yours! Even this one, which is uncharacteristically less bold, has your flawless style. I love the frame, too! It's another one all ready for your crooked gallery wall, lol!! Keep well, ! Hugs, Darnell

Diane said...

Wow what a stunning flower image and colors.

Hugs Diane

Viv said...

A beauty of a card Aileen! x

lostinpaper said...

Yes I hear you about the 'crooked' paintings lol. Yours is so very beautiful Aileen, it could definitely hang 'crookedly' on my wall!

TLady said...

This is STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!! THANK YOU for reminding me of The Ton!!! ;)<3

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Hola, Aileen! Beautiful card! I love sparkle, too. You rock, Aileen! Be safe. Marisela mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

I Card Everyone said...

Well, it's obvious to us all that the team was thinking of YOU when choosing the theme for this month, my friend!
As lovely as this frame is, it cannot begin to sparkle enough to take my eyes off of your gorgeous Magnolias! Your attempt to keep it 'light' paid off, Aileen! It's just exquisite!
I don't think I've ever made a card with sparkle ... hmmm I might have to give this a go! xx
=]

Nancy Penir said...

So very beautiful. I also have this set and use it little or never! You've inspired me to get it inked and enjoyed. The silver frame was such a perfect and clever way to add sparkle. Definitely a card worth framing!

HilaryJane said...

Just beautiful, love the colours and your watercolouring xx

Bobby said...

Your card is so beautiful, Aileen, from the wonderful coloring of the flowers to the fabulous sparkly frame to the crooked mounting on that dark background.

TaeEun said...

I already thought that it must be the theme just for you :)! Love the airy coloring on the magnolias and the patterned paper which looks like an antique wooden frame!

Viv said...

You must know that I had you in mind when I chose this theme lol. What a super sparkly card you made too, I adore it ;) hugs Viv xx

Ericka Strange said...

This is so stunning Aileen and I love the soft colors of your flowers! Gorgeous with the frame as well!