Translate

Wednesday 24 June 2015

love watercolour

I have attached three photos here, they are very close in look but I wanted you to be able to see the watercolour panel I have attached under the diecut. The colour moves from blue to mauve. I coloured on the watercolour paper with Inktense pencils, very lightly then went over the top with water on a brush. This allowed the colours to blend together.



I had cut out this beautiful flower diecut in gold cardstock and then couldn't decide what to do with it. I decided to to add the watercolour piece underneath. When I laid on a white card base it really didn't work.

I had bought some coloured vellum and decided to try that. I cut the panel to the same size as the card front but slightly longer so I could fold the top and just attached at the back with a strip of tape. No ugly tape showing on the front of the card. It looks a bit sheerer in real life. Then what to attach to finish it off - of course a white glitter 'love' die cut layered up a couple of times. the oops moment, the word was meant to sit just below the gold die cut but it touched down there and I didn't want to move and smear glue so there it stayed.

Now I have caught up and I appreciate all of you coming to visit four times.


I hope you have enjoyed your visit.


1 comment:

Loll said...

So pretty Aileen. Great way to use the negative die-cut. Love the idea of adding the vellum over top of your base. So pretty!! xx