To my regular followers I am sorry I do these posts one at a time but there were a couple I wanted to add to the same challenge and I could not do that in the one post. Hope I don't annoy you too much. XX
I have outblinged myself. Go on, you know you want to click on the image to enlarge it even more to see it in its true glory. While working on this masterpiece safety goggles were needed. Jake was ducking and diving, sneezing and shaking himself over and over due to flying particles filling the air and drifting down to him.
This was achieved with translucent embossing paste +
the stencil at the bottom left and lots of gold toned glitter.
Placed the embossing paste on, removed said stencil which was placed straight in water.
Then I got a pile of coffee filters and put them to the side and selected the gold colours I wanted to use. A couple of sheets of scrap paper under the stencilled card stock then I would pour a colour here and there on each flower, flip the cardstock carefully (after the first time I wore all the glitter from the first flick) and then used scrap paper to pour the colour into the coffee filter, each labelled with the name of the glitter to a)make sure I put back in the correct one and b) for future use so I don't have to throw out used ones. I even found a green/gold colour for the leaves.
Once finished my glittering I put the card aside to dry and left till the morning to be totally sure. I did go back in the room at one stage before bed and gave a very gentle push on top to flat of hand to help glitter stay put. In the morning I used a soft haired paint brush to brush off excess (more glitter for Jakes coat and a sneeze or two. then some serious trying to clean off glitter.
Check out the sparkle the camera has managed to catch. Anyway cut panel down and still have a piece for a more CAS card. I added a mirrored gunmetal grey card to the back then onto a black cardbase and finished off with a silver 'congrats' sentiment. Was originally trying for a small sentiment on white then on vellum and they just didn't work.
I cant image who will get this card but it worked and thats what I wanted to try so another technique tried and ticked off.
I did try for that curved sentiment but with all the bling it didn't work.
Entry number 2.
I do believe my 'Celebrate' makes the C
If you are interested this is my way of keeping track of my glitters
These are just A5 size white cardstock. I added strips of double sided tape, used the red tape as its stronger and added a line of the colour. On the right hand sheet each 1/2 is a colour of Martha Stewart glitter, beautiful colours and very fine and love to use it. Each time I just pulled the cover back on 1/2 the tape to add the colour, rubbed it in, brushed off before moving onto the next colour. Great way to see what you have a what will work with particular colours you are using.
One the left the colours are WOW glitters same colour each line, just one is fine and one side chunky.
If you are ever using for heat setting with SU Heat and set the Martha Stewart works better. The WOW has something added that prevents the same perfect finish.
These sheets have some additional WOW colours, random glitters, pearl dots and Kindy Glitz.
Each of these I keep in a folder sleeve and in with the glitters foresee of checking.
Thank you for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.