Translate

Monday 8 August 2016

Happy Birthday & Life is a great big Canvas

One minute I don't post then two in the one day and this post has two cards. Each has come to me quite quickly and have been easy to put together. Lucky the family got fed before the ideas came so everyones happy. Of course the Muse challenge closes in 1 1/2 hours so I better hurry.

The first card was inspired by this wonderful card at the Muse Challenge by
Anita. Isn't it stunning.
My inspiration was the stitched die cut front and I love the die Anita used, the shaker idea & the
 butterflies in the window of the shaker.


With my card I don't have that die so I have used a different one. Actually I used two dies from
different sets so that I could have stitched outer edge as well as stitches on the frame of the shaker.
From looking at the card to going to do my thing I forgot the one feature I really liked and that was the rectangle shaker front going length wise and I did mine across so I will need to make another card now.

Here in the shaker I have glued down a vellum butterfly from Hero Arts (my favourite stamp) that was white embossed on the vellum then painted with Zigs in purple and a blue/green colour. This was stuck flat inside the frame, then the double sided sticky foam tape place around the butterfly to enclose it. Mixed sequins and beads added.


A piece of acetate added to the stitched layer on the inside then this is attached to the front of the card. Of course then I needed to stamp the sentiment and as there was foam tape underneath
the layer kept dipping and I had to stamp about 5 times (thank goodness for the Misti). All finished
walked out to take a photo and found that of course I had touched the area that was stamped multiple times and was still wet. Big bold smudge aaaaaarrrrrrr. Went and cut another card front, stamped sentiment before attaching, yes good lesson but will it be retained. No.


 This second card is a very simple easy one but I love the look.


Silver heat embossed sentiment
"Life 
is a great big
CANVAS
and you should
throw all the
PAINT
on it you can.


I used Distress inks in blues and greens, squished onto acetate then  sprayed with water then 
pulled the watercolour paper across the acetate. Repeated when dry with bits here and there till I liked what I saw.


Die cut the piece with a rounded corners stitched die. Added this layer to a white card front then added one large beautiful blue/green sparkly gem.


Challenges : 
 butterfly shaker card




Life is a great big Canvas
Inspiration is the watercolour, the colours and the quote.


 Life is a great big Canvas


Happy birthday card- butterfly is Hero Art and the main
featured image and was coloured in with Zigs.



Happy birthday Card




Thank you for coming to visit and I hope you come again.




18 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Great take on Anita's card, so very pretty and the second card is perfect for the challenge with a great sentiment x

Ardyth said...

Beautifully done - love the intensity of the colours of your butterfly! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Aileen!

EdenLand Designs said...

Both cards are beautiful :) I love your take on our picture at ATSM, the sentiment that you used could not be more perfect for the background!! Thanks for playing along with us at ATSM this week!
Susan - DT

Marybeth said...

Aileen, both cards are beauties! I love your butterfly shaker and the pretty colors you used! Hope you have a great week!

Neets B said...

Love your version of my card and I'm so glad I inspired you. Gorgeous tones of turquoise and purple and don't worry, I did exactly the same thing and forgot to stamp before adding the foam the last time I made a shaker!
Thanks so much for playing along at Muse, Anita x

Loll said...

Two fabulous cards Aileen. Love your butterfly shaker ... such pretty colours. And love the sentiment with gorgeous watercoloured background for your second card ... so artsy! xx

Cara said...

Two wonderful cards. Love the sentiment of the last one. Cara x

Dawn T said...

Beautiful cards Aileen. So happy you added your butterfly to our challenge at A2Z this month. The colours are just beautiful

Gibmiss said...

Hi Aileen
Fabulous shaker cards...
Hope you are well x

Whimsey said...

WOW - all are so beautiful but I REALLY love that gorgeous butterfly; those colors are beautiful!
Thank you for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking!! ~Michele, DT

BożenA said...

Wow! Beautiful card. This wonderfully colorful. Congratulations awards MUSE Challenge.
hugs,
BozenA

Monika Reeck said...

both are adorable card
but your last card for ATSM is wonderful
I love it and love the rich sentiment you put
Great made
many thanks to joining us at ATSM this time
hugs
Monika (ATSM DT)

Macimbalo said...

So pretty! Thanks for joining in at a2z!

Chark said...

beautiful work as always! thanks for joining us this month at a2z!

Brenda in IN said...

Both cards are great. I love the combo of turquoise and lavender.

Arlene said...

Your cards are wonderful. Beauties!

So glad you joined us at a2z Scrapbooking.

Helen Gullett said...

The butterfly shaker card is beautiful and fun!
THANK YOU for playing along with a2z August Challenge!

creative lady said...

Love the shaker card with the beautiful butterfly inside! Thanks so much for joining in at a2z!