Translate

Sunday 14 August 2016

Twofer One Post

Since I had already done one post today I decided to add these two cards together and hope I don't decide they could go to the same challenge.
This first one I love.....cause its flowers and white embossing and watercolour and fussy cutting and I just fell in love with it as it came together.
The flowers are from Kylie from Happy Little Stampers in Australia. So that means for those using the American dollar or UK pound this set which is called Doodle Flowers is $20 in Australia so only $15.30 American and 11 pound UK (sorry couldn't find the symbol on my mac for pound lol). I don't sell them or get commission just think they are so pretty and easy to colour.



I watercoloured with my zigs bringing in the colours for each flower. I did two pinks one light and one with dark, they are pink and not as red as they look here.

 For the stems I borrowed stems from my Winnie and Walter floral set then stamped with lemonade distress ink and coloured with copics. Also did the grass with copics.


I did this card initially through the wonderful inspiration from the 


This card is so pretty, I love the stand alone flower and the two tones of  colour and of course the beautiful pink colours. I tried one flower but it wasn't working I wanted that contrast of colour and thats why the second flower is nearly invisible there, I wanted that change in pink to give the two different main colours, the beauty of the pink. 

Because the flowers were fussy cut and layered I decide no bling was needed. Hope you like it.




 This next card was one I had to do a bit of thinking about.


I wanted to join in with the


Then I remembered this stamp from my 12 Days to Christmas stamp set.



Love him, my cat in the diamond ring and makes a perfect 'different engagement card'.
Coloured the ring in with my 'gold' gel pen and the diamond with my silver glitter pen and the """" bits with silver gel pen.



Then I added the swirly loop from a Papertrey stamp set. When I coloured the cat I did him with a combination of copics and pencils and made the dot of his eyes a bit heavier and also so they look crossed, problem is he's smiling so he doesn't look too crosseyed. Added the sentiment 'Woohooo! to the front and inside ' Congratulations on your Engagement.


Additional Challenges:


Flowers are HLS products.


Woohooo Engagement card.


the watercoloured flowers.




The watercoloured flowers, my favourite way to colour
is Zigs and water.


Woohoooo Engagement card


Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.









28 comments:

lostinpaper said...

These are both wonderful Aileen, love the look on that cat's face though, totally made me smile!

Nonni said...

I got to try Kylie's stamps from Sandie when she was over and they truly are great quality and fun stamps in every way! These two cards are wonderful, I especially love the clever idea of the second card, great job!

Mrs A. said...

I can quite see how the first card is a favourite. I love the colours and flower design. The second card is great and a clever play on the challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Jeanne said...

Great cards! I really like your coloring on both. The first looks so pretty and the second looks like so much fun! Excellent work! Thanks for the tip you left on my blog regarding Washi tape. Good to know! Have an awesome day. :)

Ashwini Rao said...

What neat little cards! Love the simplicity behind them!

*Vicki* said...

These are both really fabulous creations!! That little balloon kitty is too funny!! :)

Leigh Penner said...

Your first card is lovely and the second one is so fun! Wonderful cards!

Colleen said...

Oh the last card had me chuckling! You are so clever!! I love the flowers you used with your Zigs and want to thank you for sharing it at Just Us Girls!

Peanut said...

The Woohoo card had me in stitches. It's perfect for the occasion, Aileen. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Marilyn said...

Both cards are fantastic. Love the colors in the flowers. The kitty is too fun.

Ardyth said...

Two fun cards! Love those flowers and the way you've shaded them, and that kitty is perfect for 'dizzy'! So glad you joined us at Muse and CASology this week, Aileen!

Tracey McNeely said...

Aileen two fabulous cards! I love how those HLS blooms look coloured with your zigs and the dizzy kitty is so fun. Thank you for sharing with us at Muse this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

...and at CASology!

Michelle said...

Beautiful flower!
Love the dizzy cat!

Ina G said...

Wow Aileen I love that flower card. Gorgeous stamp and beautifully coloured. Great touch with the gold sentiment.
had to laugh when I saw the cat card - you are genies! Lovely to see another card for this weeks water colour challenge at Just Us Girls. Always lovely to see your talent. Thank You.

Judy1223 said...

Aileen, both cards are wonderful! I LOVE the colors of your fun flowers, both are beautiful and they are perfect together! I also chuckled at this fun cat image...making me dizzy just looking at him! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Melissa L. said...

Thanks, Aileen for the heads up about the no-reply thing! I have been told this recently by another blogger and tried to fix it. I tried another fix today. Would you try and see if it worked by replying to this comment? Thanks!

Suchi said...

Such a wonderful card! Love the colors!

Jen W. said...

Aileen, I love both of your cards! Those flowers are absolutely gorgeous - beautiful colours. And the kitty totally cracked me up. Love him! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Channin Pelletier said...

Both of these cards are wonderful!! I love your CAS style! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Melissa L. said...

I'm back again! Love what you did with Kylie's flowers. I just got my new set at the HLS retreat a couple of weekend ago. I have not inked them up yet, but want to soon! Thanks for the help - hope it is fixed now!

Melissa L. said...

Let's see is this works?!

Cara said...

Two fab cards, love how you dealt with the dizzy challenge! Cara x

Darnell said...

What a ton of inspiration to catch up on! Your talent is amazing, Aileen! And so is your creativity! Your engagement card is unique, original, and a hoot!! It's a winner in my book! Way to go working in so many challenges!! Hugs, Darnell

Karren said...

I'm so behind on my blog visiting, but I wanted to drop a line and say these are gorgeous cards! I love the flower one - so beautifully coloured!

Linda said...

Love those white embossed flowers Aileen and how much fun is that crazy kitty inside the engagement ring lol.

Ardyth said...

Aileen - can you email me, please? ardythpr@gmail.com Thanks!

Lynne in NI said...

Heeee, I love your engagement card, great idea to add your crazy kitty to the centre of the ring.
And your flowers are gorgeous, coloured beautifully as always!