Translate

Wednesday 5 April 2017

The Flower Challenge #7 A Sketch




Well its a brand new month and so its time for a wonderful new Challenge at
The Flower Challenge and Vivien has come up with a wonderful
Sketch.


Now remember a sketch is for inspiration and can be done either the way it is shown here or turned on its side, or flipped. The circle is for guidance only and you can put any shape you want there as long  as the  basics of the sketch can be seen on your card. But remember that flowers must be included and they must be the main feature of your card. A sentiment is optional and can be placed anywhere.
For my card I made a watercoloured panel with a couple of different purples from Tim Holtz distress inks and added a little silver from my Silks colours for shimmer. I then die cut with a rectangular stitched die.

I stamped and white embossed the flowers from Happy Little Stampers Flower set and
watercoloured with zigs. I then fussy cut all.



I attached the watercoloured panel then the flowers  added the silver sparkle
paper die cut 'celebrate'

Now it's time to go over to The Flower Challenge and see what the Design Team have done to inspire you. Each card will have a link to their blog with more details on their particular cards.

I hope you will join us this month with a card or two of your own. Thank you
so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.


17 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Great interpretation of the sketch and such a pretty collection of flowers x

lostinpaper said...

those flowers are wonderful Aileen!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous flowers and I love your watercolored panel! Stunning card, Aileen!

Michelle W said...

Your card is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

BożenA said...

I like this set of stamps HLS. I love your cards, because they are so energetic, they have such beautiful colors. You have beautifully arranged a sketch card. Thank you for the incredible inspiration.
Hugs,
BożenA

Loll said...

LOVE your design Aileen. The mix of colours of your flowers are so beautiful together. xx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Love this gorgeous cluster of flowers Aileen, they look amazing with the white embossing and the lovely, soft colors. If you wouldn't have said you fussy cut them, I would have thought you used a die cut them, they are perfect.
Beautiful interpretation of the sketch, my friend.
Hugs,
Maria.

Ruth said...

Really beautiful, Aileen. I love the colours and the layout is perfect. Xx

Karren said...

I love these flowers and I love how you've coloured them, Aileen!

papierelle said...

AMAZING!!!! I love this perfect card!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love your flowers - they r so pretty against the white

Greta said...

A really wonderful sketch & your card is absolutely gorgeous, Aileen! You make me want to go color flowers with my Zigs!

Ruth said...

Absolutely adore those florals and the colours you've chosen - really bright and vibrant! xx

Bobby said...

This is such a bright and cheerful card, Aileen.

Viv said...

This is so very lovely Aileen! just adore the amazing flowers and the watercolour bg to the silver sentiment...inspired ;) hugs Viv xx

Marina said...

Hi Aileen. I'm trying to contact you on behalf on Inkspirational Challenges but the email you linked up with in February is pinging back as 'failed'. Could you please email me?

richardswood97@gmail.com