Translate

Wednesday 4 October 2017

The Flower Challenge is having its 1st Birthday


You can't have a birthday without balloons and Vivien has made us
some wonderful graphics to help us celebrate our First Year
in Blog Land.

This month the challenge couldn't be any easier. Use one of your favourite flower stamps.

I have so many flower stamps,and so many favourites that I decided to go back to one of my originals.

My Her Arts Background Stamp. Its not a big background stamp as you can see here on my card front this is the full size of the panel. I stamped in VersaMark ink and gold embossed this design on vellum. I then used my Zigs without water to colour the flowers.


I put a very small amount of the darkest pink  in one spot on the petal then used my palest pink to move the colour around until I was happy with the colour and design.


The photo really doesn't show the beauty of the flower on the vellum as well as it looks IRL. I then die cut some gold mirror card to look like a frame around the flowers, added some enamel dots and a die cut 'fabulous' from another piece of card stock that had been white embossed and watercoloured.

Very simple and very pretty.


Challenges:












Now its time to go check out all the wonderful creations at the Flower Challenge and also see who else has joined us in celebrating our first year anniversary and the wonderful prizes on offer. I am blown away by the different businesses that have gotten behind us and decided to donate a gift or gift voucher for us to use as a prize during our Celebration Month. I can not express to you enough how much we appreciate your generosity.

Next I cant thank the wonderful Design Team enough for their support this year especially Vivien who has taken on the design and maintenance of the blog as well as the running of the team when I fell ill earlier this year. I didnt think I would actually make it to this special day with a post and I am so glad that I have been able to make a card just to be able to thank  Vivien, Ruth, Shona, Maria, Cara, TaeEun & Karen for being so very wonderful and supportive through the last six months.

Its just amazing to see how well this Challenge has done in the last 12 months and I thank not only the Design Team but all my Blog friends and all the wonderful people out there who decided to enter their amazing cards in our challenges. We love seeing every one of your cards.









25 comments:

Lisa T said...

Stunning Aileen, just beautiful! What a lovely stamp - and of course your colours are amazing as always. I really love the combination of gold and pink and then the perfect gold frame too. Those Ziggies, what would we do without them! Congratulations on your 1st birthday, so happy to hear the FC is going from strength to strength and thank you once again for asking me to Guest Design - always a treat. I hope you are well, Lisa xx

cm said...

The gold embossing, the pink flowers, the framing...oh my stars! Talk about celebrating The Flower Challenge's first birthday in style! Stunning! Super congratulations, too, on one of the best challenges going!
Hugs~c

Mac Mable said...

Happy first birthday with the flower challenge x What a stunning and eye catching card and what a fabulous background stamp x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Aileen, this is gorgeous!!! I'm so happy to see this beauty in the challenge.
Gold embossing is always such an elegant detail and, with your glorious coloring, this images are breathtaking.
Off setting the image and the golden frame like that is the most perfect way to enhance this already amazing creation.
Big hugs,
Maria.

Lynne in NI said...

Gorgeous card Aileen - LOVE your gold / pink theme!

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning cards...just so beautiful!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Just stunning!! I have missed you 😀

Michelle W said...

WOW Aileen, this is stunning! Congrats on your first birthday, I love the Flower Challenge!

Michelle W said...

WOW Aileen, this is stunning! Congrats on your first birthday, I love the Flower Challenge!

Bobby said...

You have a hit on your hands, Aileen. Not only with the fabulous Flower Challenge but with this amazing card. The colors are so vibrant and the gold gives it an elegant feel.

lostinpaper said...

You go GF! You have created this amazing challenge and it's grown and grown, a BIG Congrats on celebrating your first year, that's incredible!

Karen Dunbrook said...

Love the elegance and beauty of your card mf. So thrilled to be a part of this great, inspiring team, just can't believe it's been a yr already. Gonna be a great month!!
xx Karen

Desperatehousewifecraft said...

Wow this is simply mind blowing! I've never seen anything like it before! Its soooo gorgeous! I'll have to try this technique! How did you get the vellum not to warp or burn with all that heat embossing? Simplay amazing! Thanks for the inspiration.

Ruth said...

I'm so happy to see you back for this special one, Aileen, and with such a stunner of a card too. The gold is so fitting for an anniversary! I can't thank you enough for having me along. It's been a really fun challenge, especially as I tend not to do florals, but I am having a lot of fun doing something different. Thank you and glad you're on the road to recovery xx

TaeEun said...

Oh! I couldn't think that's on a vellum Aileen!!! You have an awesome heat embossing skill! Gorgeous combination of gold and pink! So glad you could manage to make this card for our Anniversary! Thank you so much for asking me to be a part of your team! I love The Flower Challenge and our team :)!

I Card Everyone said...

I love your new graphics, Aileen! They are almost as WOW inducing as this gorgeous card! Congratulations on your first birthday! Cheers to many, many more!
=]

Anonymous said...

Happy First Birthday. :)

Flo Langley said...

Stunning card as always. Beautifully created. Hope all is well.
Hugs Flo x

Anita in France said...

Congratulations on your first anniversary at TFC, Aileen ... it's such a lovely challenge with gorgeous inspiration each month, thank you! Your card is stunning ... the gold embossing with the pink watercolouring is beautiful ... such an elegant, stylish and chic look! Hugs, Anita :)

Loll said...

Congrats on your first anniversary at The Flower Challenge. Your card is STUNNING, Aileen. Beautiful watercolouring and so elegant with all that gold. xx

Julye said...

Your card is stunning ,I always love the elegance of magnolias and think it's a shame they don't flower for longer. Your card has that elegance and also has a touch of the orient to its look, thank you for sharing.

Cara said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning. Thank you so much for setting up the challenge and inviting me to be part of it x

Karren said...

Such a beautiful card, Aileen! Thank you so much for asking me to join the team way back at the beginning. I couldn't be happier that it is such a successful challenge. Long may it continue!

Nancy Penir said...

Too stunned to type! WOW and wow!!! Gold and watercolor worked for you on this amazing card. Fabulous it is, Aileen. My eye went right to it in the HLS Watercolor Challenge lineup. Good luck, and thanks for playing along!

Viv said...

This is an awesome card Aileen, love the pink and gold and the fabulous flowers of course too. So happy you were well enough to join us this time too.So happy to be part of your amazing team, thanks for asking me and starting it all in the first place.Here's to many more years of 'The Flower Challenge';) hugs Viv xx