Translate

Thursday 16 August 2018

Reminder for The Flower Challenge #23 One Layer Card


It's time for a reminder post, I have used the same stamp set, Forever and Always from Altenew, that I used for my other one layer card. Its a beautiful set of roses in a bouquet and sentiments perfect to go with them. 

I stamped then coloured with Copics. Very quick colouring on these as they are quite small so I only did one layer starting with darkest colour Y18 Y08 Y02 Y00 and leaving white on the top edge of the petals. No real blending in this type of colouring. Works well. The leaves are in the 'G' range sorry cant remember exactly but from palest G00 and then next two blends up. Ferns YG00 YG01

Nuvo Glitter Gloss for the roses. Of course it looks much more impressive IRL.


When I was ready to stamp the sentiment (again one from the set) I realised I had dripped coffee on the top left edge of the card. One layer you cant disguise with washi tape or gems so I cut a cple of sentiments off. It took the edge of the leaves but I think the card still works ok. Bit jinxed with this challenge but at least there was no big Copic leak this time.

I love that sentiment

"You Make My Life Blossom"


Now its time to go to The Flower Challenge and check out what the rest of the team and 
our Guest Designer Milla have been up to. 

Thank you so much for coming to visit


Challenges:












13 comments:

Karren said...

Beautiful card, Aileen! Your yellow roses are so vibrant and I love the sparkle on them!

I Card Everyone said...

Yellow roses were my mum's favorite - so they always remind me of her! What a gorgeous reminder for your challenge!
=]

Joyce said...

Such a gorgeous card, and as always, your coloring is spot on and really takes your card up a notch (or 2 or 3)

Trina P. said...

So pretty. Yellow is a tough colour, but you coloured your flowers brilliantly especially in one layer! Amazing! x

Viv said...

It's so pretty Aileen, despite your little 'accident'. Beautiful colouring as always and hmm one stamp set which escaped me...typical! hugs Viv xx

lostinpaper said...

I haven't coloured these roses yet, and now I think they have to head to the top of my list, your colouring is always so spectacular, love the inspiration my friend x

Aileen said...

fix the problem blogger

Cindy C. said...

This one layer card looks fantastic!! Thanks for playing along our August challenge at a2z.

Arlene said...

What lovely flowers! WOW So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking.

Karen L K said...

Wow what a pretty bouquet that you colored! Nice job on the oops recovery. Thanks for joining in over at a2z Scrapbooking.

Wendy R. said...

Beeeeautiful colouring & card!! Thank you so much for joining us Crafting By Designs xx

Greta said...

That bouquet is stunning!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty, the yellows are so sunny for the summer.
xx Karen