Translate

Friday 16 November 2018

Challenge Me A Christmas Card 2018


I am so pleased to say 'I'm back again with Michelle' taking part in her 'Challenge Me a Christmas Card'. I love participating in this challenge and I hope you go to Michelle's blog to check out her card and hopefully you have time to look at her other 'Challenge Me a Christmas Card' posts to see all the amazing cards Michelle and other friends have been posting. 

My favourite part of the challenge is that Michelle lets her guest decide what is to be done or used on the card. Of course as I so love colouring with my Zigs on Vellum aI suggested both using Zigs and Vellum. 

For my Christmas card I have used 'Cosy Poinsettias' from The Ton silver embossed on vellum. I also silver embossed the sentiment that came with this set.
 I then coloured using three colours - my darkest blue, lightest blue and
 the middle colour in the purples.

Darkest blue for the top petals and in the shadows of the other petals, lightest blue from the bottom then I used my Nuvo Shimmer brush to move, mix or remove colour as I go. I then came in and placed random bits of the light purple and mixed that in with the Nuvo brush. Here I have made the image slightly darker so you can see the shimmer and sparkle of the image.


I then cut the vellum to fit the front of the card and used a strip of this amazing sparkly silver sticky backed glitter paper. This stuff is brilliant for cutting sentiments as well as it cuts perfectly and although sticky can be moved and placed around until you are happy with position then pressed down further for a firm hold.
I finished the card off with some clear gems that have a rainbow hue to them.

Now its time to go check out Michelle's blog and see how she went with my 'Challenge' to her.


Challenges:



I think without the twist




Heat Embossing













19 comments:

Michelle Lupton said...

Those blues! *swoon!* Such a beautiful card, Aileen! Thank you so much for being my guest!

Dotty Jo said...

Totally stunning! Jo x

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS! the poinsettias are soft yet bright and so colourful!

Karren said...

Stunning card, Aileen! Those flowers look amazing!

I Card Everyone said...

LOve the shades of blue, and purple, Aileen! Now why don't these Poinsettia come in this color??
Gorgeous, my friend!
=]

Viv said...

Loving this beautiful card Aileen ! also loving all the shades of blue on your pretty flowers and that sparkly silver border also...infact just loving everything ;) hugs Viv xx

Diane said...

Wow Aileen the silver embossing and poinsettia colors are just stunning.

Hugs Diane

Michelle W said...

Stunning Aileen!

Tracy said...

Gorgeous! The switch from typical reds to blues is wonderful. Works beautifully with the silver.

Dandi93 said...

Absolutely gorgeous Aileen... love the colors

Sue from Oregon said...

This is a real beauty! Those colors are amazing together and the silver touches are perfect! Very classy indeed!
♥ Sue Kment

Darnell said...

You just might have started a trend here, Aileen! I just love blue poinsettias now! You colored them so perfectly and the silver was the way to go!! ❤Hugs, Darnell

Sue - said...

Beautiful blue poinsettias! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

Donna said...

Blue poinsettias are my absolute favorite. I buy one each year to remember my grandson. I love the embossed look and your coloring is amazing. I also envy your use of vellum. I need to work on that. Thanks for joining us at 12 Months of Christmas Link Up. Hope you'll join us again next month.

BożenA said...

WOW! Aileen, you have done a great job with coloring this picture. Beautiful card, beautiful flowers, I love their color!
Hugs,
BożenA

Jennifer D said...

WOW WOW WOW those blues are Amazing and your Card is Exquisite.

Sonia Peterson said...

I just loved the colour on the Poinsettias. I find it difficult to tell from the pictures but are the flowers stamped as a whole flower or are the flowers stamped and cut out and placed on to the vellum? Thank you.

Sonia Peterson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karen Dunbrook said...

wow...just stunning!!
xx Karen