Translate

Friday 4 September 2020

The Flower Challenge #48 Colour Brown & Pink

 


Love this for a challenge 'Brown and Pink' with flowers this is a wonderful combination. Remember it can be coloured or use coloured card stock but it must be Brown and Pink. Some neutrals are allowed.

Now we have a sponsor this month, Bugaboo and they are giving away Digital  Images as prizes this month. You get to pick whatever you want from their images within a set price range.

As most anyone who follows me knows I love playing with digital images. When you purchase the image it can be resized, you can use some of or all of the image and you can even soften the outline enough to do no line colouring. You can print onto Copic friendly paper and watercolour paper.
If you are techno savvy you can even change the colour of the outlines. You don't need to have the latest in drawing programs and a degree in IT.  Today I am using an image from Bugaboo Digital Images  

Also today we have LeeAnn Barrett joining us as Guest Designer and after you have checked everything out don't forget to go check out her amazing blog. Her cards are wonderful and she has been such an inspiration to me for many years.




In this instance I have enlarged the image to fill the whole length of the Copic cardstock and have not included the vase it comes in.  I will use the full image in another card.

Now this image is quite a heavy lined image but as you can see when coloured it truly shows the image off, perfectly. 

I was a bit obsessed at first with doing the outline in brown to go with my theme of sepia but my printer decided to start playing up. The basic print became a big over two weeks try to fix the bloody printer (kill, destroy, throw it down the driveway, rant keep calm Aileen, deep breathes Aileen, no you cant use the sledge hammer on the printer...........ok its all fixed now and has lovely new cartridges in it, yes I have calmed down.) But I gave up on trying for different coloured outlines and used what I had printed up in the first place.

I decided on using my browns for a sepia look to the flowers E41,42,43,44 and E49 for depth of shadow and my softest pinks for the background together with a couple of E's . R0000 R000 R01 RV000 RV00
E00 E01.
To achieve this background I just use my copic not the tip but tilted downward and I scribble here and there in one direct then in another always lightly all over, changing colours and going to new spots, over some just until I feel confident I have achieved the look I want. I love this way of colouring as it gives a light background that I don't have to worry is even and not patchy I think its a rather ethereal look to it and I also find I don't have to worry so much about getting the coloured image damaged.

I finished off by adding white gel pen dots randomly placed as well as on the butterflies and flower centres and then a couple of pink sparkles.

O decided on a dark brown card base which is slightly larger than the coloured images. 

Now it's time to go see what the rest of the wonderful Design Team have done with their floral images from Bugaboo. I tell you what these girls are amazing, as are their cards.


Thanks so much for coming to visit and I hope you come back again soon.

Crafty Hugs
Aileen

7 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Sooo beautiful Aileen, your colouring is divine!

I Card Everyone said...

Really gorgeous, Aileen! I love the sepia look, and your 'color mashed' background, too! It is the perfect pink for a this wonderful color combo!
=]

Diane said...

Absolutely stunning colors and card design.

Hugs Diane

Bobby said...

Your sepia look is gorgeous, Aileen, and the background is perfect.

Dawn Frost said...

I LOVE your sepia flowers they are gorgeous! Dawn
Bugaboo DT!

Viv said...

Love the way you made it a sepia card...fabulous ;) Viv xx

Ericka Strange said...

Love your beautiful card Aileen and the soft browns and pinks, almost sepia look. Gorgeous job and coloring!!