Translate

Thursday 16 September 2021

The Flower Challenge #60 Reminder - Colour Turquoise


It's time for the reminder post for this month at 'The Flower Challenge'


I have used another colouring panel  from Emily and she is at emilymidgett.com

Emily has many of her illustrations used by different stamp companies but she also does one off releases where she draws some flowers like this one here and you can purchase printed versions for Copic and/or Watercolouring. You cant reorder or purchase later they are one off's. Follow her and be aware when the next release comes out.
This flower panel is from a different release from the last one and each flower has a framed area somewhere on the flower that you can add a sentiment to, either stamped or die cut.


In this instance I die cut a hexagonpanel from vellum and coloured on the back with streaky BG colours, then attached to the card front by folding part of the shape behind the panel. I added a sweet sentiment from Penny Black then used areas that the die cut were coving to add glue to adhere the vellum at the front of the panel. A few smooth gems in the same colour to finish it off.

I must admit I keep looking at that panel and wondering if I should have left it plain as the vellum panel just isn't doing it for me. Anyway the colouring was all done with Copics BG's using darker ones for the leaves. Love how it turned out.

Don't forget to go to the Flower Blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have been up to.

Thank you for coming to visit and I hope you come ago soon.


Crafty Hugs

Aileen



 

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I'd love to know which BG's you used, Aileen - seems like there are a few you've used that are missing from my collection? Absolutely stunning!
=]

Loll said...

Another gorgeous flower image from Emily! Beautiful colouring Aileen. Your shades of turquoise are exquisite! xx

lostinpaper said...

This is beautiful Aileen.... I think the card looks beautiul with the panel... but then I didn't see it without lol.

TaeEun said...

Your Copic coloring looks stunning as always, Aileen! What a gorgeous bloom! I love your hexagon vellum panel with the silver sentiment!

Bobby said...

That is one gorgeous flower made even more so by your fabulous coloring, Aileen.