Translate

Tuesday 15 August 2017

Hello card, Yupo, alcohol inks and heat embossing




I had a piece of Yupo I had played around with, with my Copic markers and didnt like the end result and waited too long to clean it off so it wouldn't clean off. I threw the piece in the bin and hated that I had wasted this piece of Yupo, its not like scrap paper and certainly not cheap (to me). Then I decided to try heat embossing and thought best to try on a piece of scrap first so out of the bin it came. One thing I forgot is that because one side is written off doesn't mean you cant use the other side. It was perfectly fine, there is no seepage, the only thing you have to watch is that if you are using an agent to reactivate the ink you are playing with on top it could reactivate anything underneath and make a mess so just be aware.

Check out my reflection in the acetate!!!
I stamped and gold embossed this flower. First I got the heat gun well and truly heated and I didnt but it too close to the piece and did a lot of moving around. It did slightly warp the piece but only slightly and was straight again in the morning after sitting on my desk with the Misti on it over night.

Did you know if you put alcohol inks (Adirondack or Copics and blending solution) they will change colour when heated so you get other colours happening also you get different reactions between Copics colourless Blending solution and Alcohol Blending solution.


Here I have used Copic refills, I just added a couple of drops onto my mat and used a small tool with a spongy end to add the colour, started with a red, added a bit of black then came back with blending solution (barely any) and the red and dotted. Did the same for the top with pale yellow then a richer yellow.
Leaves with a very light green, then a little bit darker.


I die cut the piece, even though this yup is so easy to cut you could easily cut this flower out yourself. I die cut the front of the card and it was too small for my flower and after lots of procrastinating I decided on an easy shaker window. Acetate, edge of thin foam, added the sequins, added the top layer of acetate and all finished.

I finished the card off with the little stamped 'hello'- boy I hate that hello but Im not home so I haven't got anything to fix it with, it looks so wrong.




Challenges:


stamped the flower
alcohol inks to colour the flower
heat embossing
die cutting









Heat embossed the flower 



Thank you so much for coming to have a look and I hope you enjoyed 
your visit and come again soon.


14 comments:

nancy littrell said...

TFS your beautiful CAS shaker design and stamped and die cut flowers card. Aileen. TFS also your experimenting with different alcohol ink products. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs.

Loll said...

So great that you realized that you could save that yupo by using the other side. It is expensive so you want to use every bit. Love the beautiful alcohol ink colours of your flowers and leaves. Great way to blend. And I love the shaker too. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

lostinpaper said...

Never even heard of Yupo.... maybe it's something I 'need' too lol. Your flower certainly looks amazing my friend!

Cara said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing the results of your experiments. I don't mind the hello, but I'm sure you can camouflage it when you get home if it still annoys you x

Mac Mable said...

Glorious effect on that flower. Thank you for the information about the inks and solutions etc. I had a reaction (a good one) to the AI's last week and gel, always fun to keep learning x Didn't know you could cut yupo with the die machine, so thanks for that too x

Christine Alexander said...

wow, incredible effect with the gold embossed flower in AI's.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty....I have never made a shaker card so when I see them, I'm so impressed!
xx Karen

Susan said...

Great save of your piece of Yupo! Love the shaker window and the way you framed it with the die cut. Thanks for the tips on heat embossing on Yupo. And thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

Bonnie said...

Your experimenting certainly paid off, Aileen! You ended up with a gorgeous flower! Love the shaker in the window! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Sue said...

Your AI flower is gorgeous, Aileen and I love how you made it into a shaker card! Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comment, and I hope to see more of your AI creations when you have more Yupo!

laurie said...

What a beautiful shaker! So pretty.Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers, so happy you joined us!

Julie B said...

I thought of using Copic reinkers but mine are mostly pastels as those are the ones that run out most! Well done rescuing the Yupo, not tried that stuff yet, may have to buy some soon though.
Thanks for playing along at HLS Anything Goes with Dies. :)

Bobby said...

I love the colors you achieved by heating your re-inkers, Aileen. The flower is gorgeous and looks great along side the shaker.

BożenA said...

Your dyed AI flower looks beautiful! Gold stamping fits perfectly. And I like how gold embossing also took color on itself. Beautiful shaker, Aileen.