Translate

Saturday 5 August 2017

The Flower Challenge #11 Focus on Background Stamping

Its that time again. A new Challenge is up on the Flower Challenge Blog and this month is all about the background. We want you to make the background from your flower stamps, we want you to design your own background that is the focus of the card this month. 

The Design Team have been busy trying out lots of ideas and are waiting to share with you.
I have done a card with lots of detail.



The flowers, die and sentiment all come from Honey Bee Stamps  I love them all, the die cut is so elegant with that long 'l' and the flowers so pretty and detailed. Make sure to go check out the wonderful stamps they have.
I had previously coloured this panel for a colouring challenge that The Daily Marker does on a regular basis throughout the year but once coloured I couldn't decide what to do with it as I didnt want to cover up any of the wonderful flowers.



When we decided to have this challenge I found the perfect answer by adding the 'smile' die that I cut in gold cardstock and pink foam to layer up and stamped the sentiment on a vellum tag so it didn't totally cover the background.


Now I have added another card where I have made a background with minimal stamping.

First I used a piece of masking tape across the upper part of the card so I had somewhere to add my sentiment later. I have used Altenew Flowers and this is another beautiful set that I had bought  and not used so I am glad I finally got out and inked up.

As you can see I have not used all the flowers in the set but most of them and only 1 leaf. In all I have only stamped 6 times on the card base and once on a scrap of copic card stock. I then randomly coloured petals and centres and the leaf. Used R81 83 85 YG01 YG25 . I also coloured the full flower with the same colours.



I fussy cut the single flower. Used the Misti to help me line up the sentiment from another Altenew stamp set (wondering if I should have added a line top and bottom now.....What do you think???
Anyway finished it off with the fussy cut flower and some wee nuvo clear drops, they are so small you can hardly see them. Anyway heres a very simple background flower card.


  Now its time to go to The Flower Blog and see what the rest of the Design Team have done to inspire you and hopefully we will see your cards linked up before long.

Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.


Challenges:


Who could resist entering with my 
'birthday wishes' card



Birthday Wishes Card




Smile it looks good on you card











22 comments:

Ruth said...

Oh I love your busy busy background, it's so bright and colourful. I love those Honeybee Stamps, still not got round to getting any. The Altenew stamps are so perfect as the background. They just need those little touches. Absolutely perfect, all of them. Xx

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely gorgeous Aileen!! I love your coloring on both of these and what a great challenge too!! I hope to find some time to play along!! :) HUGS

Marilyn said...

Fabulous cards. I like them both but especially the pink flowered one. Brilliant design with adding the one flower popped up.

lostinpaper said...

Both of these are fabulous Aileen, I especially love those sweet little coloured flowers on the first design!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards, Aileen! Love the backgrounds on both your cards!
xx Ashwini

Cara said...

I love how vibrant the first card is and how arty the second one looks. Brilliant makes x

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful cards Aileen! Love all your pretty flowers on the first, that must have taken a while to colour! And the effect of your minimal colouring on the second looks fab!

BożenA said...

Two beautiful cards, Aileen. I especially love the second card, white background and strong color accents look stunning!
Hugs,
BozenA

StirYourCreativity said...

Gorgeous card and love the repeated stamping.

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely cards Aileen, great background

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous cards, Aileen! You obviously love colouring and are very, very good at it! Thanks so much for joining our Anything Goes week at Muse!

Viv said...

Fab cards here Aileen, I love your sweet little flowers (and amazing colouring of course) on the first one.Love love the flowers on the second card and your minimal colouring too...excellent work!..thank heavens I have the stamps on your last card too lol ;) hugs Viv xx

Heidi Weaver said...

Wow, Aileen, two beautiful cards, and both so very different. Love those flowers and the way you've used them for your backgrounds. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Penny Hanuszak said...

What beautiful feminine floral cards Aileen. I love both of them. The smile popped up on pink foam is a novel idea and I really like the super long "L" too. Thanks for playing along with us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week

TaeEun said...

Love both cards, Aileen! The first one full of little flowers looks so delicate and elegant! The second card with bold florals and partial coloring is so chic! I love the R Copics you used! I think without any line around the sentiment is better!

Created by Kath said...

Both your cards are lovely! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!

sandie said...

Fabulous cards and super focus on the colours. Great stamping. Thanks for joining HLS

libbystamps said...

Very intricate background! Thanks for playing along with Watercooler Wednesday and Gail's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge this week!

Ela said...

Hi Aileen,

wow, I love both of these cards, they are wonderful!

Love
Ela

AlisonC said...

I love all those coloured flowers, your card is so beautiful and is a work of art. Love the arty second one too.

Linda said...

Beautiful cards. Thank you for playing along at the Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge xx

Michelle W said...

Beautiful cards as always Aileen!