Translate

Monday 28 August 2017

I'm a Rainbow Sprinkle in a Vanilla World

I have four cards to share today so lot of photos and you know how I love to waffle on so quick grab a coffee then come back and we can get into it.......
Ready...ok
Well, I just love this saying, I think its  ME, I'm sure I'm the Rainbow Sprinkle or at least the Mixed Nutsssss 'always look for the bright side of life', always looking for ways to bring a smile or at least a laugh or two or three.

I bought one of the Ranger Dylusions  Sarcastic comments and plan to buy more(there was a new release this year). I do love giving these to friends who understand my humour and they sell well too. AND there are stamped images that go well with them. These Gerder Steiner Unicorns work out perfect (I apologise in advance Gerder for not using your wonderful sentiments that come with the unicorns but will use those next time)



I stamped my sentiment first.

So easy to colour in. I just did very light grey colouring of the body. bit of pink for ears.
Very pale bone colour for hoofs. Rainbow colour for mane, tail and horn.

I attached with a mini wobbler. I am new to the wobbler world and made the
mistake of also buying the bigger wobblers. They re too big for everything I want to wobble
so will be moving them onto a happier home somewhere?? I like the minis.
I very lightly stencilled with  Distress Ink Storm.



My inspiration for this card came from Kim and her card for the Muse card 
Challenge for this week.
This is Kim's card
I love it, but I don't have a pineapple die and I kept thinking
how can I go about this. I loved the big yellow/orange centre of
the card, the hit of green at the top the bit of black and white from the
string and the black dots.



My version. The big yellow/orange flower from  Create a Smile I coloured the
flower with copics and finished off with a bit of gold pen for a nice finish. The way
I have coloured gives the illusion the petals curve but they don't really.
The leaves I die cut from different leaf dies and pieces of card stock I have watercoloured
or done with colour and shaving cream earlier and stockpiled.



I finished the card off with a piece of washi tape in black and white, some
black metallic dots and a gold cardstock die cut 'hello'. Don't ofter
do cards with all these layers but really love the end result here. Thanks so much
for the inspiration Kim.



I then decided to have a go at the colour challenge that also ends today.
They are such pretty colours. After doing my previous layers I thought why not try that again.

I just received the new Pretty Pink Posh Square Tag Die and I can
see lots of ideas for this but for today I cut two tags in grey, placed one
flat on the card, the next layered on a piece of dimensional foam first.



Added a few copic coloured pink flowers and to finish
off the look I die cut some leaves in pale yellow cardstock
and pale yellow vellum. 

Finished off with a Happy Birthday that chose that moment to finally perish. The first
stamp I have had that has perished.


And now we are back to another Snarky Comment and a sweet (well grumpy)
Unicorn. A little digital dragon up the top also copic coloured. All fussy cut. 

This time I have used a 'Create a Smile' stencil and blended with Distress Ink
blue very softly.

Here I have moved the dragon down so you can see "Why the Dragon????"
Yes its that never ending smudge and this time its right up the top and I didn't want to
start again.

So I decided to have a random sitting there just because it's a handmade card and I can do what I want. I had actually decided to be very industrious  and make a pile of cards with the sentiments already stamped on them as organised people do.

Well I watch video's on YouTube and it always looks so easy and organised and perfect but I reckon they edit and edit, cause I wrecked 15. Yep I managed to put 4 folded cards  down so the fold edge was resting right in the black ink pad.  Then there were the 6 or so cards like the one here that had my finger print somewhere on them as I removed them from the Misti. Then there were the ones that got near the damp wipe I had used to wipe the stamp so we have grey marks in centre of cards..... you get the drift, ohh and don't forget the upside down stampings.

Maybe I  shouldn't have cleaned any stamps till I was finished all stamping but I hate the thought of the ink staining. Anyway I will have to rethink that idea because it was a lot of waste as a lot of cards will now have to be cut down to just sentiments to add to cards.

If your still here, thanks for hanging in there. Love those Unicorns,now I need to do some cute kids cards. As soon as Sophie saw them when I was colouring last week she made off with four of them and all the little bits that come with them to make up stories with them. Love her imagination.


Challenges :

Hello Card




Happy Birthday Card



Happy Birthday Card





Im a rainbow sprinkle in a Vanilla World





Happy Birthday Card - Die Cuts Sentiment & Floral




Im a rainbow sprinkle in a vanilla world





Pretending Im a pleasant person is exhausting 





Hello card with washi tape at base of card.
















24 comments:

StirYourCreativity said...

These are gorgeous cards. The sentiments are so much fun!

Marina said...

Love all these cute and colourful cards.

brenda said...

A real jam packed post Aileen, you really have been busy with some real fun cards and delightful floral ones as well. And the sentiment is fun, it will be going round in my mind all day. Many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More challenges.

B x

Ruth said...

Preparation and editing is key for YT videos otherwise you'd be watching a stream of exactly what you describe! Lol! Those unicorns are so hilarious- I love them with the stencilling and I love the ingenious use of that dragon. I'd have been boring and added a layer on top. Xx

Karren said...

What a fabulous selection of cards, Aileen! Love the sentiments on the unicorn ones - too funny!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Cute cards, love the wobble :-)
Those petals on your Muse card are gorgeous.
Argh! Isn't it annoying when you end up with a pile of wrecked card. I do it all the time.
I generally flip it over and use it for stamping sentiments on.
xxx

Ardyth said...

Another wonderful collection of cards, Aileen! Love your big yellow blossom - I have that stamp, and I don't use it enough - you've made it look really fab! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

lostinpaper said...

A collection of inspiration and FABulous sentiments! Love those sweet Unicorns and yes I agree the sentiments in the set are great too. Have you seen the new Technique Tuesday sentiments... I have them on my list and I know you would love them too, hilarious! ps As for editing, what you see is what you get (wink)....

Cara said...

Oh Aileen, you do make me laugh! Embrace the stained stamp! Mine are very lucky if they ever get within 10 foot of a wet wipe! Wet wipes are good though for inky fingers. I also have an old muslin square that I use to dry or wipe my hands on, rather than my clothes. Well, sometimes anyway! Love all your stunning cards. I resisted buying those unicorns as I already had MFT unicorns, but I think I need the sassyness of these!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...so many incredible and amazing cards. Love in love with your sweet Muse card, your flower and leaves have a beautiful tropical feel to them, wonderful card. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Muse this week.

foleysfriend said...

Lovely cards. I love your interpretation of Kim's Muse card. Love how you problem-solved not owning a pineapple die.

Mervi said...

Thank you for sharing your creativity at Penny Black and more;-))m

Craft-E-Place said...

Wow! A beautiful collection of cards. Thanks for joining us at ATSM
Elaine

Vicki Dutcher said...

Though I commented on your insta photo I knew if I popped over to your blog I would get to see much more eye candy AND I DID! Your sun flower coloring is stunning, I love the cute monster too. So.much.fun to visit 😊

Lori said...

Great assortment of cards! Love the creative way you used the Pretty Pink Posh tag dies. Thank you for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

TaeEun said...

The rainbow unicorn is so cute in both cards!!! And the dragon sitting on the sentiment looks like a good planned design! Fabulous coloring on the sunflower and the yellow, pink gray combo looks so pretty! I love the added yellow vellum leaves! Great job on every card, Aileen!

Jeanie said...

Such pretty cards! THanks for playing along with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

Nance said...

Beautiful flower card, it's so summery and fun! Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks!

stampwithsandy said...

Oh my, what a wonderful assortment of cards, Aileen! I am especially in love with the little unicorn and and sentiment on the first one, as a matter of fact I think I might 'need' that stamp set! So glad you joined us at Seize the Birthday!

Tamie said...

Your flowers are phenomenal and I love the washi tape behind the hello die. Looks so cool! Thank you so much for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks Washi Tape Challenge!

Tamie 4CC DT

Flo Langley said...

What a feast! Fantastic cards Aileen. Hope all is well. Keep on wobbling!! :) :)
Hugs Flo x

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have been busy Aileen! Such a lovely variety of cards, but the rainbow unicorn is just the cutest!! I love the vivid colours and the look on his face, even the grumpy one looks too cute. Thank you so much for playing along with us again this month at the Penny Black and More Challenge!
Linda

Bobby said...

The first card stole my heart, Aileen. I love the sentiment and the darling unicorn. I also got a kick out of the grumpy unicorn's face. Two wonderful critter cards. That's not to say I don't love your florals too. Both of them a lovely. I totally get the 'everything goes wrong' frustration. It happens all too often but we keep on for love of the craft.

BożenA said...

Hello Aileen,
I visit your blog on a regular basis, but unfortunately I have not commented for a long time. Sorry, but the last time is not my best. As you will show in one post too much :-)) cards, I have a problem with commenting :-( My English is my Achilles heel.
I love your full light card. Those with unicorns are great, so very "mine". I love them for colors and CAS. Cards with flowers and pineapple are also great. What a variety and beauty.
Hugs,
BożenA