Translate

Tuesday 16 October 2018

Reminder The Flower Challenge #25 Add Sparkle


Its time for another card to remind you that The Flower Challenge has only 10 days left for this challenge which is all about 'Sparkle'. Sparkle can be adding sparkly things to the card front, sparkling up the sentiment, background sparkle or sparkle on the coloured image.

I could not resist using the big background stamp from The Ton again. I so love these big flowers especially as it gives me a chance to look at shadows and highlights in a large version. Also the Zigs combined with the Nuvo brush make colouring so very easy to experiment with.



Here I have added the faintest bit of the dark pink on the end of the petal and on the tip then use the palest pink to pull the colour out a bit then the Nuvo glimmer brush to spread the colour, wiping off extra colour onto a paper towel.

Check out that sparkle on both the petals and the sentiment. The sentiment I die cut in pink funfoam and the silver adhesive glitter paper (ahhhh I am getting low, what to use on everything but don't want to run out). I just love this adhesive glitter paper, the way the thread flows on it and the ease of cutting and adhering when using it.


This sentiment I cut out of the flower first so I now have a very pretty pink sentiment to use somewhere else and I have inset the funfoam so it lines up perfectly.

Stamped and white embossed the small sentiment on black card stock and added with a piece of foam adhesive to lift it slightly.

Another large card to send to someone just to let them know they are 'fabulous'

Okay now that you have seen my card its time to go check out the rest of the Design Teams beautiful inspirational cards and see if we have inspired you to add to our Challenge.

Challenges:






I think I would describe myself as Clean and Simple
and this card is a typical example. One layer, watercolour,
die cut sentiment, sparkle thats me.











19 comments:

lostinpaper said...

ooh Yes, Fabulously Sparkly!

I Card Everyone said...

Ditto Therese, Aileen! and wherever did you find that gorgeous glittery goodness you've cut your FABULOUS from? It truly is a FAB card!
=]

Vicki Dutcher said...

BA BAM!! You make this large flower SING! ☺

Bobby said...

Those large flowers really make a statement, Aileen, and you color them so well.

Happy Dance said...

Before dropping down to the comment form, I spent quite some time examining this beauty up close. You've painted this bloom perfectly, and the bit of shimmer on it is incredible. The sentiment pops in more than one way, too. What a gorgeous card, Aileen. You've outdone yourself. LOVE this. Bev

TaeEun said...

Your Close Up flower cards are all so gorgeous, Aileen! Beautiful Zig coloring again!
A fabulous creation as always!

Ruth said...

Some serious schparkle on this flower and it works so wonderfully well with the schparkly big letters at the bottom. This is so the challenge for you! xx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!! Aileen, you definitely can do magic with those Zig markers, this is a gorgeous card!!! I shy away from big images, they intimidate me so much but you my dear tackle them with the greatest of ease.
Just stunning.
XO

Shylaashree said...

gorgeous Aileen

Karen Dunbrook said...

well I'd say your card is super gorgeous!! wow...
xx Karen

Annette Allen said...

wow this is stunning.. totally love it

Ericka Strange said...

Another gorgeous card Aileen and I love the beautiful colors you used. So pretty and perfect with this beautiful sentiment!

Loose Stitches said...

Gorgeous creation, lovely coloring of the beautiful flower! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ DT Sherry x

Viv said...

Wow.. just as stunning as your blue version Aileen.That large daisy is just amazing!...loving the sparkle too of course ;) hugs Viv xx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Oh my goodness, that flower makes such a statement. You colored it just beautifully.

Priya said...

Beautiful card. Love the colour and the flower
DT creative crafters

thecraftycavalier said...

Oh my, this is just stunning. Beautiful colour choice and fabulous colouring :-) Thank you for sharing it with us at As You Like It, Jayne

JoAnn said...

Stunning card and fabulous coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Nancy said...

This is incredible Aileen! I am in awe of your talents! Thanks for being with us once again over at Seize the Birthday!