Translate

Saturday 16 March 2019

Sweet Wishes and Hugs &Kisses



Yes I'm back again. I have so many cards I want to make so let's get started.

I had already coloured my fairy from the Hero Art kit  (sorry it is sold out) this time in blues from the high number range B99 B24 B21 and lightest B41. Die cut and stuck on the edge of the card but made sure it would still fit in an envelope ok. The card base is blended Distress Oxides in blues and a little lilac in the centre.

I just kept moving my blending tool in an oval shape direction blending one colour into the next and left the centre with no colour till nearly finished so it would be brightest there.


I used this amazing stencil from Funky Fossil Designs on Etsy called "shooting Stars". I just held it in place and added some glitter paste. Once it was dry I added a few more stars so it continued around a bit more and finished off with a'sweet wishes' die cut from Penny Black.
If you have time go and check out Sarah's creations, these stencils are just perfect to work with.




This next card was super quick as I have been colouring pieces of acetate with Alcohol inks and just leaving aside for just this type of thing. I used a small piece and die cut with this sweet interlocked hearts die (mmm gone blank on who by so will have to come back to that). I left it all as one piece as it really looks pretty.
I die cut again from the front of the card so I could inset the coloured hearts by just adding a piece of tape inside the card. I then used some Nuvo and added the gold dots. After  I add my dots I tap my card onto the table, straight down not at an angle. This helps the dots round out and not be so peaked.


Of course then I thought of stamping my sentiment but didn't want to use the Misti and squish my dots so used a stamping block with the sentiment 'Hugs & Kisses' and decided grey would be nice. It is okay but a bit faint I think and probably would have been better if I had been able to stamp twice or in black but just too hard to do trying to eye ball it so left it alone. The card is soft and pretty and with that sentiment cal be for lots of different occasions.   

Ok thats it for today. Left it very late to post so will add challenges tomorrow. Thanks for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.

xx Aileen

Challenges:


 

Congratulations CAS Mix Up on your 3rd Birthday. A fantastic challenge
that has grown into a number of different challenges over the years. Well done.
My Heart card 'Hugs & Kisses' is perfect for this challenge
with the Alcohol ink (stained glass look) + die cuts + stamping 


A brand new challenge starts the first day of the month and called "day of the month card club". 
This month is "I want you to be happy day' And what better than a sparkly fairy card sending
 'Sweet Wishes'



A simple heart card   Hugs & Kisses 
for Birthday Wishes.



Sweet Wishes fairy card without the Topping.




Copic Coloring and Distress Oxide blending





Hugs & Kisses Inset die cuts card










19 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Your blue fairy and all of those twinkling stars are magical! Two pretty cards Aileen!

Monica C. said...

Both cards are so pretty, but I really love that row of hearts in the second one.
Hugs Monica

Dandi93 said...

Beautiful cards, love how your background makes your sweet wishes pop and I do so love all of that white space in Hugs and Kisses.... But it's your alcohol hearts that capture the show.... so pretty Aileen

Barbara said...

Splendid cards both of them. I love that magical background for your fairy and the white space on the CAS card. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Seize the Birthday.
Barbara DT member

Vanessa said...

Beautiful cards!! I especially love the stars on the first one!

Rosmarie said...

What a magical and sparkling background on your first card! But what jumps into my eyes are these hearts! Wow, Wow, what a firework of colours, I can't get enough! Simply magnificent!
Thank you so much for playing along at our first Day of the Month Card Club Challenge! - Have a Happy Day!
Rosi x

Mac Mable said...

Such vibrant colours of alcohol inks with your second card and such a feminine and pretty first card. Thank you for joining in the CAS Mix Up Challenge x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

That fairy is magical with all those glittery stars! And you second card is some alcoholic (LOL) goodness! A fabulous Twofer! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Day of the Month Card Club - hope to have you here as a regular player ;)

Ruth said...

Welcome back with avengeance - that blue is stunning!! I LOVE Funky Fossil designs stencils. Did you see she has brought out new stamps?? xx

papierelle said...

I have a wish ... to be happy every day. Maybe the little fairy can help me.
A magical card. Thank you for showing them at our Challenge at Day of the Month Card Club.
Gundi

Bobby said...

Great way to ink that fairy card to make the sentiment shine, Aileen. Adding the stars gives the card a magical look, and yes, Sarah's stencils are great. I think the sentiment looks fine with those vibrantly colored hearts.

Loll said...

Your fairy card is gorgeous Aileen! Love the blending and graduation of colours. The embossing paste stars add a wonderful design and texture. And, of course, your fairy is beautiful! Great colouring as always!

LOVE your faux stained glass card with the row of hearts. The alcohol inks on acetate really do give a translucent look of glass. The colours are bold and beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Karren said...

Two beautiful cards, Aileen! It's so good to see your fabulous work gracing Blogland again.

Bonnie said...

A sweet fairy card, Aileen! And your "stained glass" hearts are gorgeous! I love the bright colors and how you've inlaid them. Thanks for the tip on rounding out the Nuvo drops and for sharing your card with us at CAS Mix Up!

Jo said...

What colourful stain glass string of hearts. Love the accent of gold dots too, truly a happy bright card.
Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Karen Brown said...

I really like your entry in the Day of the Month Challenge. Such a sweet happy card. :-) I also love your alcohol ink hearts! I've been playing with alcohol inks myself and find them so much fun. Good luck in all your challenge entries!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Awe, so cute and delightful, simply a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at g with so many details, that are eye catching. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers with Dies.
Hugs
Berni DT
happylittlestampers.

Jane said...

WOW! Those hearts are just stunning, love the colours! Thanks for playing at HLS CAS, hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.

Susan Renshaw said...

Love those colourful hearts on the hugs and kisses!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
DT for AG with Dies
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!