Translate

Monday 7 March 2016

Happy Birthday


I cant believe its been nearly a week since I posted last. Migraines have had me in their grips for the last four days so that was most of the day time hours gone with drugs and sleep.
Today I am doing double shift babysitting, today and tomorrow so staying at my sons as its silly to travel all the way home to then set off again at 6am the next morning so photos you are seeing are not that great as I have had to improvise.

I made the cards a few days ago and then never got to photograph or post. Hopefully you can see what I have done.

This card is for a couple of challenges the first being the Muse Challenge

Check out this wonderful Inspiration by Natasha Kara, actually go check out her blog as well. The inspiration there is unbelievable: I Dream in Colour. Also you will need to go check out the rest of the cards at the Muse Challenge (link below).
I took inspiration with the balloons, floating elephant (I reckon he looks like he is lifting off!) and soft background.


Here I have used my Elephant from (bugger I'm not home and gone blank will have to fix later) and instead of putting with the big ballon that comes with this cutie I have used a Hero Art Balloons stitched stamp. There are three balloons, the star and two circular ones so I masked twice to add extras. Now I have to admit I have had this set for a loooooooooong time and yes it is NBUS, but not any more.
So I masked, then coloured with copics but fairly solid colouring with only a little extra with the same colour for light and shadow. I then decided the star balloons needed Glossy accents after I had added Wink of Stella to them all.
Copic coloured the elephant rather lightly then decided to do spots instead of colouring the whole skyline.

May have been a little heavy handed with the spots, just kept thinking ohh and this blue and this one (I have found I have twice as many blues as any other colours so I must love blues). This was another technique we were shown in the Online Copic Colouring Classes and I have seen lots of cards with them, maybe not as heavy as mine forgive me if not CAS enough.

Anyhoo added a thin strip of silver to each side on the card for a bit of bling and added the birthday sentiment with the Misti. Had to be a small one (I will learn one day to plan these things better).

So I would like to add this to:


As I have used a Hero Art stamp set will also add this to:
I have managed to cover all the colours of the rainbow here.

Also like to enter this in Darnells' brilliant NBUS challenge where you use up all those things that have been sitting waiting to be inked, die cut, painted etc.

Please make the time to go check it out, enter up to three times. This is my second card for this challenge and also to look at all the wonderful talent out there.

Last challenge: 

This is another brilliant challenge as they will always take any card that is made for someones birthday, you don't have to follow the 'topping' if you don't want to. Lots of brilliant cards there too.

Actually its one of those days that you look at the challenges I have linked to and they are regular ones I go to and I always enjoy the inspiration offered by not only the DT's but also everyone entering.

Thanks so much for coming by and I hope you come again soon.










17 comments:

Ashwini Rao said...

So adorable! Love idea of the elephant lifting off, instead of flying away!

Karren said...

This is fabulous! Hope your migraines stay away!

Mac Mable said...

Such a cute and adorable card. Love all the colouring and layering on the balloons and stars. The blue dots really work and set off your gorgeous card beautifully. Yes I always enjoy the inspiration from the DT's but also from everyone entering. They are always so very creative and I love learning new techniques etc. Thank you for the inspiration.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Aileen I am sorry to hear that you have been suffering with Migraines they are not at all pleasant, your card it totally cute and adorable it brought a smile to my face seeing that sweet little elephant with the balloons tied to his tail, lol, love the vibrant colours you have used this is ACE.
hugs
lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Aileen this is adorable! Great colouring and I love the way you have done the background. Hope the migraines stay away so you can keep creating, Cx

Ardyth said...

This card is perfect for the Muse challenge - I love your sweet image and all those bold balloons! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week!

Ruth said...

Oh I'm so sorry you've been in the grip of migraines for so long. Not pleasant at all. I love your elephant being held up by the tail!! That is super cute. Hope you're on the mend soon :) xx

Deni(se) said...

So cute! I love the variety of balloon shapes and the blue dot edge really makes everything POP!

Kathy S said...

I love it!! This is a fabulous entry and so glad you enjoyed making the rainbow entry for A Blog Named Hero. Best of luck to you. Sorry about your Migraines, they are a bugger.

Sharyn Polesel said...

So many cute cards! I love the elephants and all of the colorful balloons. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So cute! Your coloring is awesome

shirley-bee said...

Love how your elephant is being carried up by the balloons! Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

TaeEun said...

This floating elephant is just adorable, Aileen! The rainbow colored balloons are so cheery and I like the size of the sentiment!

Loll said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Hope you are 100% now Aileen! Fantastic colouring on your adorable card. Elephants and balloons are a match made in heaven. :) LOVE the way you've created the dotty sky for the background. xx

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Eep! This is just adorable, Aileen! Beautiful job being inspired bu the muse!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Arghh!! I miss commenting on this lovely card Aileen, forgive me!!! But Congratulations on being Featured at Muse, this little elephant being carried away by this colorful balloons is just adorable, beautifully colored, so bright and cheery.
Big hugs,
Maria.

Di said...

Hi Aileen! I spotted this over at Darnell's NBUS challenge - what a wonderful blog you have and beautiful work. LOVE the elephant :) Just going to add myself as a follower and if ever you feel like a play with scraps (snippets) we'd love to see you in Pixie's Snippet's Playground. You have to be a bit silly to play there - but there are some wonderful ideas and it's always fun!

Hugs

Di xx