Translate

Thursday 16 May 2019

The Flower Challenge #32 Reminder

It's time for a reminder post, for this months challenge at The Flower Challenge Blog and don't forget there is a prize for someone who enters the challenge this month on The Flower Challenge Blog and another here for someone who leaves a comment.

There is a restriction on my blog, the person needs to be from Australia, Tasmania or New Zealand but other than that just say hello and your in with a chance by commenting here or on the post for the start of the month for The Flower Challenge.

They are beautiful stamp sets on both my blog and the Flower Challenge. The one on the Flower Challenge Blog has been donated by Altenew and you know you love Altenew as much as we do.

The prize on my blog was a prize from Altenew when they came to Melbourne and turned out to be a set I already have so I decided to share the love. Check out my other post to see the set I'm talking about.

Now for this post I have another two cards still using that large background stamp (Rose or Succulent depending on how you use it). I decided to use the other two backgrounds to add some more inspiration.


With these two cards I used Zigs again and lots of loose colour put down then added lots of water.

I have heat embossed the design in gold then added yellow and orange each time just loose scribbles, mostly yellow with bits of orange. I then work petal by petal with lots of water on the brush and gently push at the colours. I just love how the colours blend together.


I let each colour dry on its own. No effort and very quick. Looks amazing when its dry and also when you add the water and watch the colour move from a single line on a petal to spread out. I then trimmed the edges and added to a 5" x 4 1/2" card base that I covered with a piece of sparkly glitter cardstock to first. Used a bit of glue to adhere the multimedia cardstock down as well as tape to get a good hold.
IRL the spacing is balanced, my photo makes the card look crooked.
I finished off with a die cut 'just because' in gold mirror card and a vellum background. No gems needed I felt.



This was the first card I did when I was colouring the four cards and the colours are in reverse of the other rose card. Loved them when I saw this done on Jennifer McGuires blog. I just scribbled loosely with my Zigs then added lots of water and watched it move.

I also added some shimmer for a bit of sparkle.


I nearly threw this one away as it was my attempt to improvise as I was babysitting and didn't have my heat gun. I borrowed Mel's hairdryer and put it on lowest speed and BOOM I have watercolour flicks and splatters flying everywhere. Lesson on this one learnt. But I decided I still liked it even with the purple flicks here and then so used it. Highlighted with Purple glitter card stock and finished off with die cut 'Awesome' and background vellum.

I had a bit of cleaning up to do and apparently I missed a bit (or a lot of the flying flecks) from my little experiment but hey, I babysit for free so whats a bit of paint here or there lol.

So there you have it the stamp used for 4 cards, each totally different to the next in colouring. I hope you enjoyed them. Don't forget to comment and then go check out the beautiful cards the rest of the Design Team have made. They are all amazing and have given me lots of ideas for other cards, just need to find that ever elusive 'time'

Thanks so much for coming to visit

Aileen


9 comments:

Karren said...

These are both so striking! The orange-y one is so very rich and vivid - love it!

Karen Dunbrook said...

yours cards just glow mf...so happy and bright.
xx Karen

Mac Mable said...

Stunning and vibrant and fabulous inspiration....Thank you x Enjoy your special day on the 17th x

Bobby said...

From subtle to bright and bold. Both cards are fantastic, Aileen.

Monica C. said...

Both cards are beautiful, but I just love that brightly colored one! I am so glad that you did not throw it away.
Hugs Monica

Ruth said...

Wow! These are so amazing! I just love what you can manage to do with that stamp. They are all so different. Had to laugh at your story. That is so funny!! But you are right, it's baby sitting for free!! xx

Ericka Strange said...

Two more gorgeous cards Aileen! Definitely have this stamp on my wish list. I love the beautiful ways you colored it. The bright colors with the awesome sentiment is so pretty!

Viv said...

These two cards are so stunning Aileen !I love the golden yellow one it looks so sunny it reminds me of Summer. The last one is awesome too,looks like an explosion of colour....just fabulous!! ;) hugs Viv xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

I agree this is a very impressive stamp and I love your cards - I’m glad you kept the 2nd card as I think it’s amazing:)