Translate

Friday 4 November 2022

The Flower Challenge #74 Add Embellishments



I love this stamp from MFT Flower Field Background stamp. I heat embossed this image
onto Vellum.

I have used Zig Watercolour Brush Pens but without water. I always pick a dark colour and use it together with the lightest colour that way I can add a small amount of the dark colour and move it around with the lightest colour, regularly  wiping the tip off of paper towel to get back to the light colour. I also use my Nuvo Sparkle brush nib to add sparkle and also helps to lighten and remove colour if its too heavy.
DON'T use water as the vellum will warp and buckle.

When I was finished I cut a card base to the size I wanted and trimmed off the vellum,
leaving a bit of excess to fold over the back. This is the main way to attach the panel.

At the front after adding the sentiment and lots of gems I used the back of these to hid my
glue dots that I added to help hold the panel in place.
'Congratulations' sentiment is Hot Foil pressed and die cut.

Now its time to go check out whats going on at The Flower Challenge Blog and also look
at the amazing cards added by the Design Team.

Thank you for dropping in and I hope  to see you again soon.


Crafty Hugs


Aileen



 

3 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Aileen, I used to buy lots of these background stamps, but I've never seen one so gorgeous! You water colored these blooms so beautifully - who needs embellishments?? OH we do!! xx
=]

lostinpaper said...

Wow! What more is there to say....

Bobby said...

I like to use my Zigs like that too sometimes, Aileen. They worked beautifully on the embossed vellum flowers.