Translate

Sunday 5 March 2023

The Flower Challenge #78 Die Cuts or Stencils


This month is all about Die Cuts or Stencils together with your beautiful flower stamps.


I have been having so much fun with this Rose. This rose comes from Altenew and you can get, Hot Foil plate and stencil if you want..  First I hot foiled most of the rose which is called Gilded Rose.

I used Hammermill cardstock and find that fool proof, each time I foil no matter the brand of foil
it works perfectly. As this is expensive to get here in Australia I bought a ream and cut up for use with this system only. These days to help me with remembering which cut up panel is which I now write on the back in pencil using just initials and it helps a lot.
H - Hammermill
C- Copic - ExpressIt
110 - Neenah Solar White
80 - Neenah
W- Watercolour
G- Glossy
PH- Photo paper
CA - Canson
SB - Stathmore Bristol
SV -Strathmore Vellum
SM - Strathmore Multimedia
and the list goes on......

Now back to my card.
After Hot Foil
I then used the stencil, being a first time using this stencil I had a bit of a learning curve
getting the stencils lined up. There are three stencils and the third has two sections so that the layers end up being four layers.
I used three Distress Ink colours and blended trying to keep my layers light so it didnt become too bright.
After doing the four layers I went back with the second stencil (I did wait a day for the inks to dry as my first attempt when I added the glitter paste ended up pulling colours from different sections together.
So I lay on the second stencil and went over the layer with BoBunny glitter paste.Thisadds a wonderful sparkle to the card.


I have then finished off the card with this wonderful die cut sentiment ' You are Awesome'.


Thank you so much for coming to look and I Hope you will leave a comment letting me know what you think then its time to go to The Flower Challenge Blog to check out what the rest of the Design Team has been up to.

No Guest Designer this week as an emergency came up but next month sees Guest Designers back with us.


Crafty Hugs


Aileen








 

3 comments:

Viv said...

Gorgeous card again Aileen!...and look at you hot foiling too! it all looks glorious...not looking at hot foil stuff....not looking at hot foil stuff...eeeerm! hugs.. ps. Sorry I am so late leaving comments also ;) Viv xx

Bobby said...

I love the blended colors on your giant rose, Aileen, and what a good idea to add glitter paste as one of the layers. So pretty!

TaeEun said...

Wow! The flow of the pretty pastel colors on your rose looks fabulous! And that shine of the paste is just gorgeous!