Translate

Thursday 11 February 2016

Congratulations Wedding Card and Online Copic Colouring Day 8


Ruth and I got a bit sidelined with all that went on at Christmas and over January but have decided to continue posting some of our cards we have made using the techniques we learnt through the Online Copic Colouring Class. There were a number of ideas to try out for Lesson 8 and the image I have used on this card is using one of their suggested techniques. This is just one of the cards I have done. My other images are coloured but need to be made into cards. Ruth from Crafting While the Baby Naps has also posted for Day 8 and probably shared more information than me. Pop on over and check it out (after admiring my card of course!!)


Rather than colouring intensely we have learnt how to add less colour and use the blending colourless Copic pen to remove and even up the colours. I love this technique, still need to work on it a bit more as I am quite heavy handed with my Copics but felt the leaves really turned out perfect. This image is provided for practice and was also allowed to be used for making some cards from. Even the wood stem of the plant has colour added and partly removed for effect. To finish off the image I added a bit of sparkle with Wink of Stella.


The beautiful patterned paper was available at Spotlight in the 12 x 12 pads and 70% off so a really great bargain. Some pages with silver finish, others with this glossy look so lots to play with. I cut the piece slightly longer than the card and attached so it folder over the top for about 1/2" as this gives a nice finish to the card. I then used my tag stitched die to cut the image out and next size up from pink vellum. It looks lighter IRL and added the tassel to the side. Held them all together with a pearl brad.

Used a 'Congratulations' die that doesn't get used much as it doesn't cut in one piece but a number of pieces and always feels fiddly to use yet looks so pretty when done. Need to persevere with it.

This card is to be for a wedding we are going to on Saturday. I hope they like it as its not the traditional style of card but I felt it was perfect for this occasion.

Enter this at:



Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.



TRIPLETS UPDATE
The triplets are all doing well, I have seen them in Neonatal and they are so tiny. My arms were aching to pick them up. I'm one of those ladies they would have to check my bag on leaving cause I just LOVE babies (until they start walking and answering back that is). Will be able to post photos soon and tell you their names. 
The program Elysha use to go to when she was new born for special needs from birth to school age still has me dropping on once a month at least for my dose of baby. I go in the morning and help with feeding and cuddles with the babies while the mums have a break but its really me they are helping. I get to have my dose of baby then go home and get on with life.

Life is good.


8 comments:

Greta said...

What gorgeous coloring & wonderful card, Aileen!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.
Thanks for the update and how wonderful for you to help others like you are doing. Sounds like a win win situation.

Ruth said...

You did a fab job in the colourless blending - I really struggled and it just was horrid! I adore the colour and good on your going with the reds. Still practising with those. Thank you so much for the update on the triplets. It's amazing what they can do these days even with super tiny ones. Xx

Darnell said...

I love how you and Ruth are doing this! Your coloring also looks so professional, Aileen, and you have such a wonderful eye for design!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Great job with the copics ... less is good. :) Love the blending and shading. xx

Ashwini Rao said...

Awesome! Love the soft palette - looks gorgeous on the flowers!

Marybeth said...

Oh, this is so beautiful and elegant! You are doing wonderful things with your time ,God bless you ! Love the new picture!

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful elegant card. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT