Translate

Tuesday 23 February 2016

Thank you Butterfly


After I finished colouring in my flowers last night I got thinking wonder how a No-lines butterfly would look? No time like the present to find out.
I stamped this butterfly that is really a very big image. I stamped in a pale Distress Ink and started playing around.

I  coloured with copics and added some white dots with my gel pen and then brushed over the whole thing with Wink of Stella for some sparkle. This photo shows it best, if you click on it and enlarge you can see the sparkle. In this photo its looking a bit selective (like a bit of dandruff here and there lol)

After I had finished colouring the butterfly the big decision became how to add this to a card.
I tried a number of card stocks, patterned papers and finally hit on this wonderful gold paper. It just works!
I die cut with my oval stitched die then decided to use a green  card base so again I die cut the oval so I could set the gold layer flat with the green. I then stamped the butterflies antenna in black staz-on ink so it would not rub off. Glued the butterfly flat onto the gold base at the body of the butterfly and added some dimensional tape under the wings so I could get a bit of lift. Die cut the 'thank you' words three times, glued them together then added to the card base. Finished off with these clear sparkly gems.

I love how the butterfly turned out but not sure it is really right for this technique as butterflies do have black outlines and patterns on them in real life. But I did enjoy this experiment.

Would like to enter this at



Hope this counts after saying it does, I did stamp the butterfly before colouring and cutting out.



Ok thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.











14 comments:

brenda said...

A beautifully vibrant butterfly Aileen, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

B x

Anonymous said...

Aileen this is stunning :) Fabulous vibrant colours and perfect no line colouring.

Céline said...

fab colorful card
thanks for playing with us at addicted to stamps
hugs
céline

Linby said...

Absolutely beautiful and yes that background is just right for it. I love the flowers on your previous post too. I was trying to understand the "no lines" but failed!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
Lynn x
DT
Lynn x
DT

maria f. said...

Wow. That is some unbelievable coloring! Fabulous.

AlisonC said...

It looks like a gold brooch. It is good to see something so colourful. I tend to play safe with colour, i see now. I think it's fab.
It is good to see you over at the Butterfly Challenge.

Mrs A. said...

I do adore this no lines butterfly. The colours are so vibrant. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Ruth said...

Oh yay! You tried no line - I've still to try this - maybe before the end of the challenge? I adore the gold background on the green. Never thought that would work, but it's gorgeous! xx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this looks amazing Aileen I love that butterfly and the wonderful colours it works perfectly with that gold paper, stunning creation
hugs
lorraine x

Jean said...

Your colours and colouring are fabulous for this gorgeous butterfly. It looks like a great technique.
Jean x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Aileen, what a gorgeous image, the coloring you did makes it look real, and the gold paper you rested it on is just so beautiful, perfect to frame your stunning creation.
Big Hugs,
Maria.

Ashwini Rao said...

Stunning!! I am absolutely amazed by the coloring on the butterfly!! Wow!!

Loll said...

Your butterfly is AMAZING! LOVE the bright and saturated colours. Great job with your colouring (as always!). xx

RitaK said...

Great card :-) Thanks for joining the Addicted To Stamps Challenge. Hugs Rita