Translate

Friday 12 February 2016

My Heart beats for you.


While I was busy making a mess I thought I might as well get out the embossing paste and distress inks and do another heart stencil. CHECK OUT THOSE COLOURS PEOPLE!!



Close up so you can see it even better. Alright used the temporary spray adhesive to place the heart stencil in the right place. Then I used post it tape to cover my card so I didnt get any paste on it by accident.
I then squished out  a bit of orange, yellow, green, blue and pink Distress inks (let me know if you want to know the exact ones and I will edit but really just use the ones you like best)

Alright so I squished out some ink and only a little bit at that, as it goes a long way, then I got the embossing paste. This one was white opaque which gives a more chalky look once dry.

 I only used wee little bits at a time and added the colour then moved onto the next bit, adding to the stencil as I went. 
Don't play around too long as it does dry pretty quickly and its nice to pull the flat tool along the embossing paste to even out and it allows colours to change slightly as you can see with the blue and pink making a bit of lilac area. 
Once happy with the spread then lift off stencil (don't leave it to dry on the card) and wash it and the tool you used asap. It will dry on your stencil and ruin it. I take a bowl of water that I place on the floor beside me when I am doing lots of stencilling so I can rinse off as quickly as possible, dry and use again if I want.

Now don't worry if there are little ridges in the paste as this all added to the character. If you are wondering what the translucent paste looks like go to this link where I have used  a gold translucent paste and it has a real shine to it.

I really didn't want to add anything else to this as the colours carried it I felt. So I just stamped the sentiment using my Misti 'My heart beats for you' and thats it finished.

Okay another type of colouring so first challenge:

I think I have caught up.

Its been a while since I entered a challenge there and finally I have the right card for the right challenge.




Okay thanks for visiting and this is the last post for today (I think).
Hope you enjoyed your visit and that you will come again soon.





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful use of colour. Gorgeous

Craftingtweety@gmail said...

Great Color. Love how vibrant it is!

Ashwini Rao said...

Gorgeous mix of colors! Love that heart!

Loll said...

Wow! Love the rainbow paste on this amazing heart card. Your earlier post with the sprayed background heart is gorgeous too. You've been so busy! xx

Ruth said...

Wowser, you're all about the colour at the moment! This is really bright. Still not got any stencils or embossing paste. Another thing on my list to do. This is such a gorgeous card! Xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Aileen this is amazing, love the colours! Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

TaeEun said...

Hi, Aileen! What a pretty one layer creation with lots of texture! And the happy colors make me smile! I like the look of embossing paste but I don't (can't) use it very often because for me it is so difficult to get a smooth surface. I make always a mess...:).

Donna said...

I love all the bright colors you used in your heart! Great card! Thank you for joining the challenge this week at Little Red Wagon. Donna(DT)

Olga said...

What a fun and eye catching card! I love the colors.

jenn shurkus said...

gorgeous!!! this is just fabulous :) I am a bit late in my commenting, but thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!