Translate

Wednesday 17 February 2016

Good things come to those who wait.


I think this cat looks so 'evil' just sitting there on that lump of cheese just waiting....... but I couldn't resist colouring him in. Another of Mo's Digital images. I actually coloured him in using the technique I learnt at the Copic Online Colouring Class, using only small amounts of grey and blending back with the colourless blender, this really works brilliantly and I love the end result.

Then I did his eyes and I used a two greens and a yellow to get the 'glow' in his eyes.
After I coloured the image I added Glossy Accents to the cheese and collar, I decided to pass on the eyes as I was worried the Glossy Accents in that large area would distort the image.


After I had finished colouring and Glossy Accents, I die cut with the rectangle die that cuts out all those little dots and added some dimensional foam to the back to lift it off the card slightly. The layer over the top of the white card base is vellum with a light green pattern on it. Again I cut this to the same size as the card front with about 1/2" extra added to the length so it could fold over the top of the card and attach from the back.I use my bone folder to help make a firm fold in the vellum as it is quite a thick vellum. It works brilliantly with this coloured image.


Instead of attaching gems I added a wee green bell to his collar with a bit of glue to hold it in place.. To ground the image I added grey dots for the ground and yellow dots representing cheese bits.

Okay time to add this to:

Just past the half way mark.




Thanks for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.





15 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love it! One of my favourite of Mo's images... And I love the addition of the little bell, Jo x

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, great colouring -- especially on the eyes!

TaeEun said...

What a cat, Aileen! The Glow in his eyes looks amazing!

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeous 'white' colouring on this fab cat Aileen!

coldwaters2 said...

Superb colouring of a very cool cat image Aileen a lovely CAS style card
hugs
lorraine x

Beverley said...

Love the bright green eyes! Awesome colouring. Hugs Bev x

Bonnie said...

You have captured the eyes perfectly (I almost wrote purrfectly), Aileen! And I love that vellum background! Can't wait to see your creations at CAS Mix Up! Thanks for the encouragement!

Anonymous said...

He does look a little evil. Fabulous colouring once again.

Jane Savage said...

Oooh love that ‘evil’ glowing-eyed kitty, and the bell around his neck is genius!
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Jane (DT) xxx

Darnell said...

What a standout this is in the Coloring Challenge gallery, Aileen! It's amazing!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Anonymous said...

haha, what a mischievous cat! love your colouring!

Kim Heggins said...

Too darn cute...just love your sweet kitty.

Ela said...

Those eyes are hypnotic, I just can't get away.
Hugs
Ela

applejack cards by sue said...

I love this so much. A brilliant image choice and your delicate colours works perfectly. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Simply Papercraft. Sue DT

Helen said...

Great card - love the CAS design and that little bell finishes it perfectly,

Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday.

Helen x