Translate

Friday 19 February 2016

Thanks


I decided to do another flower from the copic online colouring class. This flower I did in the stronger colours and I made the panel under the image using the red colours I had used on top. I also made a panel out of stamping with Hero Art Charcoal colour ink and pulled the card stock through the ink pad to give a bit of colour around the edge of the cardstock.


As you can see I added a touch of Wink of Stella to give a bit of bling to the card. Here you can see the colouring on the second layer of white cardstock which I did to mimic the colours of the flowers. Great way to get some matching colour going if you don't have the right colour in coloured cardstock. I have also cut around the image in a slight rectangle size but then fussy cut with my scissors when the petals jutted out from the rectangle. Its a cool look I think and added something to the card.


I used a coral coloured piece of cardstock for the main part of the card and die cut the 'thanks' to add to the bottom.

Okay I would like to enter this in:


My favourite Shape - Rectangles - Why because I love being able to put them at an angle, always feel it gives the card a nice relaxed look and also cause I suffer from crooked eye (no matter how hard I try nothing ever lines up properly and this style allows me to stop worrying and enjoy what I love doing - two for the price of one.)


Thank you for coming to visit and please come again soon.







10 comments:

Ruth said...

Nice job! Love the reds - and I also love that it's at an angle. I try way too hard to get it to square up and then it still goes slightly squint. Maybe I just shouldn't bother! Can't believe we got to Day 9 on this course. It's been so much fun!! Xx

Rushd Lady said...

Lovely and bright flower card!

Anonymous said...

this is such a pretty CAS card and i love the brightly coloured flowers!

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeous colouring Aileen!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

Loll said...

LOVE the outside the box with your image Aileen. It really does add a great design feature to an already wonderful card. Beautiful colouring as usual. xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely card, thanks for joining in the fun at AYLI this week.
Lorraine DT

Ela said...

I love your colouring, that flower is so beautiful.
Hugs
Ela

stempelfrida said...

I love the dark red on the coral background. Wonderful colouration of the flowers. Thank you for sharing with us at ATSM. Creative regards from stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

Sarah said...

thank you for sharing this striking card with us at AYLI, perhaps I should adopt the same technique to compensate for my crooked eye too, as my cards never look even!! Sarah :0)