Translate

Wednesday 24 February 2016

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star....do you know how loved you are!


Decided to have another go at a shaker card but this time I decided I needed to use up the square and circle shaker shapes I had bought ohhhh so long ago. Of course now people are making their own windows for shaker cards and adding dimensional foam and acetate or using the Fuse tool so it has truly moved on but I just wanted to use up these supplies.
At first of course I was going to make a pile of cards but actually never got past the one completed one and the three false starts in the bin. One actually made it to being complete with the same as this one but somehow I managed to double bounce the sentiment so when I put the embossing powder on I could see it wasn't going to work soooo I decided to do another cover to stick over the top with the same sentiment BUT.....  nah I am going to stop there, needless to say the first completed one ended up with a heat warped shaker top. I left the room and waited till today and of course it all fell into place perfectly.
Moral of the story is 'if at first you don't succeed, nor the second or third or fourth then walkaway and come back another day'. At some stage it will work and look just thawed you wanted. 

The background here is a piece of watercolour paper and I have added  blue and purple Brusho's.

Before I stuck on the clear square I have stuck down some sequins and stars and a couple of clear glitter gems. The rest just shake around in there.

This slight side on one probably shows the colour the best of the background. Silver embossed sentiment 'twinkle twinkle little star..... Do you know how loved you are!' and all finished off with a cute little teddy clear gem.

Okay time to enter this in




Thanks for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.


Dad turns 90. Yep he has hit the big 90 and this Saturday is the big party (well afternoon tea with lots of cake and coffee and his favourite Black forest Cheesecake Even though I made it for him for Christmas I am going to really spoil him and give him another one).

So of course he needs a card and as he has a great sense of humour I decided to go with old Gus in his swimmers cause his attitude is just like dads.





Coloured with Coloursoft pencils and babyoil. Even the sentiment is a digital one, one I wish I had as a stamp but you cant have everything. Finished off with a whale button up at the corner. 
Then I had to add a few sentiments inside. I went looking for some good old snarky sentiments and ended up I couldn't decide between the last three so I added one each side on the inside of the card.


This one first cause I always tease him about being an old fart (sorry if thats impolite but if it gets a smile & a laugh from him, then I'll use it)

Then this one with this ending

and finally I had one folder with handwritten message 'couldn't resist'

If I manage to get a photo of the day I'll share. Those of you who have gotten to know me over the last 10 months can see where I got my sense of humour from when I say this will give my dad a good laugh.






11 comments:

debby4000 said...

Love your twinkle little star shaker card and love the fun mans card too.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Ruth said...

Hahahah! Happy birthday to your Dad - 90 is such a great age to get to :) I love your card and the sentiments really make me giggle. Love the look of the Brusho background for your shaker. I'm with you on walking away from things. My card yesterday actually had a bit of a disaster at one point and I had to do some major surgery, but it turned out great! Have a great time at the party and do try to post some pictures if you can :) xx

Barb said...

Glad you persevered with your shaker card Aileen, it all turned out well in the end. Thanks for your kind words about my card. My dad would have liked your 90th birthday card too:)cheers Barb

lostinpaper said...

Your square shaker is so unique, and so much fun and as for your dad's card, he will love it, those sentiments totally made me laugh out loud, I don't think I'd be able to choose either lol. ps enjoy the cake!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I still have some of those shaker things lying around somewhere....good idea to use them up, especially when the outcome is as fabulous as yours!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my gosh Aileen, you made me laugh and laugh at this poems, so funny, your dad will absolutely love them!!!
I love, love shaker cards, I do have some squares and circles from Simon Says Stamps, (I think, not sure) that I would love to use, this cards are fun to make and receive.
Happy Birthday to your dad!!

maria f. said...

Yummy purple concoction you've created. And hope your Dad's 90th is fun. My Dad will be 90 this year too.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Fabulous shaker card. The purple looks so gorgeous.
Great card for your Dad and Congrats to him on his 90th.
xxx

Anonymous said...

What a great card. Love the sentiments. Hope you all have a great day :)

Dee Earnshaw said...

Love the purples you used on this lovely card:)

Justine Hovey said...

I love the way you incorporated sequins into your card! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards Challenge!