Translate

Friday 12 February 2016

I Love everything about you


How quick and easy was this. I had already cut out the die cut of the heart in a few different colours and was staring at them and it just fell into place. I want to enter in the Simon Says Monday challenge amongst others and so needed something with spritz and spray.


I have some Dylusions Ink Sprays and have hardly touched them, yes naughty me as they weren't cheap and they need to be used more. Mostly not used because there is just so much to colour in I get distracted with colouring in images/stamped images but I really need to try more techniques. They are the most amazing bright colours and a little goes a long way.

I have a box that is the designated spray box for Dylusions Inks; Pearl Mists and even my tacky glue for holding stencils in place. Stops me spraying everything else in the room as I am rather a messy crafter learning too late most of the time :)
Anyhoooo I sprayed a few small 3 x 3 pieces in different ranges of orange in this instance there are two oranges and added a bit of yellow for good measure. This one was a bit light on the bottom and I was going to add more colour and placed it behind the heart first and liked what I saw to left it as it was.


In this close up you can see the colour depths and I like the effect so stayed with it. This heart was cut from silver paper that has a faint weaved look to it.

I then cut out a few hearts in white, working on position of die, as I wanted to be able to put the silver heart back in and fold the card stock for a one layer card (!!- not sure it really is one layer here but it sounds good). I then stamped 'I Love everything about you' in Hero Art Charcoal Grey as I felt black would be too heavy. Finished off with a few scattered silver glitter gems.

Okay so spraying colour is colouring so will enter this in:




Thank you for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beauitful. Love the colour variations.

Ruth said...

Wow! You really can see the brightness. You definitely should use them more often! Xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful color, beautiful spritzing, beautiful die. This is fabulous in it's simplicity, yet it is complex....WOW! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

TaeEun said...

How romantic! Love the CAS look with that gorgeous heart die cut!

Unknown said...

Wow this is simply Gorgeous!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This card is absolutely stunning! I thought it was so clever of you to use the sprayed background like you did. The color is full of life and energy, yet you've added a lovely feeling of elegance and sophistication by incorporating the silver. This is really amazing and I'm so glad you shared such a stunning piece with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!