Translate

Friday 19 January 2018

Love to You on Your Birthday

I think Im back on form. I just made two cards that I can use for the Less is More Card Challenge as well as a few other challenges I have seen, so I will need to do two posts and of course they are closing in a couple of hours so I have left it to the last minute for inspiration. I haven't even had time to go and look on the blog but I have seen a couple of cards through Feedly that peaked my interest and quickly looked to see if I had time to still enter. YES there were still a few more hours.....cool.

This card was my first inspiration. I was looking through my pre stamped and embossed pieces (which I have many many of) and saw this frame which is from Papersmooches and has not been used enough because I struggled to line up what I had white embossed on white card stock.



Today I thought to draw pencil lines out from each of the points and that made it much easier to line up the die and tape in place to cut (of course I have the Misti and could probably use that now but remember I said I have many many pieces I had pre stamped and embossed). So anyway I die cut and it came out pretty well. I then used the two lightest purples in Distress Inks to blend some colour onto the die cut piece and then wiped over with a baby wipe to remove excess and clean the white embossing.

.
The butterfly is a Hero Art Butterfly Digital that I printed up and coloured with Copics and a bit of Wink of Stella, it does sparkle. Drew on the stamina and added a couple of gems


Finished off with the 'love' die cut from Papertrey cut from purple metallic look paper and stamped inside 'to you on your birthday'.

Love the softness of the look and how CAS it is.


Challenges:




Had to come back and add this challenge as my card
has a perfect touch of glimmer with the 'love' die cut
made from purple glimmer shimmer paper.


 as I added a Diecut
Birthday wishes inside the card.



White embossed the stamped image for the frame before die cutting.






thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.


9 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Simply delightful Aileen! Wonderful crisp and CAS design, great use of purple tones and I love the added dimension with the butterfly. Just beautiful and thanks for playing with us at Less is More

lostinpaper said...

This butterfly is incredible Aileen, I just love both designs (glad you 'feel' like you are back on track lol.)

Cathy said...

Gorgeous butterfly Aileen, love the purples, Cathy x

Neets B said...

That's the perfect little frame for that gorgeous dimensional butterfly. Glad you got linked up in time :)
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Janis Lewis said...

I love the colors you used. Great butterfly and layout. Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too.

Cara said...

Wow, this is gorgeous x

Joyce said...

This is such a pretty card. Love the summery purple. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Jacquie Southas said...

The butterfly is perfect for this frame! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Lindsey said...

Love the way you framed the butterfly! A pretty in purple card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!