Translate

Monday 22 January 2018

Three New Cards





Three cards.Three very bright cards. I do start with this idea of some soft blending but I just struggle with soft. I do so love BRIGHT. So I go with the flow and thats what I end up with. 

This first card was  partly inspired by a card I saw at the Muse Card Challenge

This is Tracey's card for the challenge and I came away with thoughts of
colour from up in one corner getting lighter as it drifts down. I decided to go with yellows so used Distress Inks Lemonade to Amber for the deeper colour.

 Something cute sitting on a board, well how about a cute little fairy on a fluffy cloud or two.
She is coloured with Copics and fussy cut.

Of course I had to make those clouds sparkly ones. My sky is a special one as it's yellow not blue. And my fairy has lots of sparkle but we needed a close up to see it.


A sentiment wishing someone 'Happy Birthday' at the bottom and its all finished.


My Next card is for  Valentines Day. Stamped this sweet image from Penny Black.

Copic coloured and Glossy Accents on the hearts to give a 3D look to them.
A new 'Hugs & Kisses' diecut in bright red metal cardstock.

You can see the gloss on the hearts here.


What a little sweetie she is.

This next card is a blended Distress Inks cardbase in a few different Pinks trying to keep it light. Once I was happy with the colour I  cut the new 'love' die from the card base and again from silver.


Set the silver cut back into the negative. Replaced all the little bits and pieces. Then stamped and coloured this little cute duck from a Penny Black stamp set.



I have fussy cute the duck and around the hearts and even the two little hearts that actually sit just above the duckling when stamped.

I decided the duckling looked cute sitting on the boxes the 'love' word is stacked on as it looks like he is rubbing his head after they fell on him. Can you see it now I've mentioned it???



Challenges:



Happy Birthday Fairy card



Happy Birthday Fairy without
the topping



Happy Birthday - Fairy surfing in on a
couple of clouds looks like it could
be fun




Hugs & Kisses Card - New Die



Hugs & Kisses Card




Love card with Duck - New Love Die
Old - Duck Stamp
Twist Love




Hugs & Kisses Card




Love card



Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come to visit again soon.














18 comments:

Ardyth said...

A sweet set of cards! Love the warmth of your ink blending. And I'm so glad to hear that you'll be able to play along more often! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week, Aileen!

Jane said...

The inlaid silver die looks fabulous and I love your inked ombré background. Thanks for playing at Uniko.

Wilma de Korte said...

So cute!
Thanks for joining us at Cas on Friday!

lostinpaper said...

Looks like you have been having some fun, these are all wonderful Aileen, your baby fairy is too cute!

Gayatri said...

All your cards are amazing. My favourites are the first two with gorgeous watercolour background. Thank You for playing along Simon Says Stamp Add a Sentiment Challenge. Gayatri xx

Barb Ghig said...

Really cute cards, Aileen! Beautiful ombre effect on your 'Love' card, too...love them all! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

Nancy said...

Aileen, I struggle with blending of any sorts and tend to be heavy handed! I am determined to get it right one of these days! All of your cards are wonderful. You seem to do just great with blending! I really love your valentine cards. That duckling is adorable. Your one for the STB challenge is fab too. She looks like a little cherub bouncing on the clouds. So happy to have you in our gallery at Seize the Birthday. Please join us again soon!

Susan said...

Terrific cards. Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

Cara said...

These are just adorable and your blending is flawless x

Beverley said...

What a delightful trio. I love how bright and cheery your first card is and a wonderful take on the Muse card. Your Valentine's cards are delightful too and I especially love the inlaid LOVE die - fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity and inspiration and also joining in on the fun at Uniko. Hugs Bev x

Loll said...

Three adorable cards Aileen!! Your Valentine's Day cards are so cute and colourful. The happy birthday card is AMAZING!! LOVE the bright yellow sky and the glittery clouds. Your Angel is so sweet. xx

Deborah Frings said...

Great trio of cards. I do like the inlaid tehcnique with the silver love - it really looks fab. Thanks so much for playing along with Uniko. Deborah, DT.

Anonymous said...

these are all so sweet, aileen, and all so beautifully bright and colourful! of course the adorable duck would have to be my favourite and yes, he looks like he's rubbing his head now that you mention it. cute!! thank you so much for playing along with us at the penny black and more challenge.
linda

brenda said...

A lovely creation for our 'Something New' theme at Penny Black and More challenge, many thanks for joining in. Apols I am so late getting here, only just getting back to be well enough to blog.

B x

Daniela said...

Wow wonderful cards! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
x Daniela (DT)

Lindsey said...

Bright colours are good - as is lots of sparkle!! I love your cute little duck x

Jaydee said...

Wonderful collection of cards, but I especially love the pink with the silver and that awfully cute little duck. So glad you shared this with us at ATCAS this week
Jaydee

cm said...

Oh my! Such a delightful array of cards, each one bringing a mega-watt smile to my face! Your little duckling, who's been 'struck' by love *grin*, is absolutely heart-warming! Delighted to see that sweet gem in the Uniko gallery!
Hugs~carol