Translate

Monday 15 January 2018

Two Cards for a Few Challenges

It's nearly time for the Flower Blog Challenge Reminder Post to appear but I have a couple of cards I wanted to share before the challenges close. I finally got myself into my craft room and motivated to do more than The Flower Blog Challenge but I left myself short on time for the cards I wanted to do.


Here I have used a sweet image from LOTV that I have stamped and clear embossed then coloured with Copics a little baby boy. He is giving his teddy a Hug which is perfect for the CASology challenge for this week which is HUG. 

I used a die that cuts out around the image and punches out all those wee little circles that I then have to clean up from all over the floor but it does look neat. I attached some patterned paper to the card front (making it perfect for the Simon Says Challenge) then the die cut panel which I love attaching at an angle then I don't need to worry about if its straight or not. I then die cut the 'hugs' 'hearts' and 'xoxo' and attached them with Mondo glue.
Very clean and simple card.




This next card is for the Time Out Challenge which is all about being Thankful. I think its also perfect for the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge which is CAS as its so simple and clean. I have used words all related to 'Thanks' and attached them to the Misti and used a stamp pad that had inks from very pale bone colour through to very dark brown. I only needed to stamp twice for full coverage but its brilliant being able to use the Misti to ensure placement of the stamps.

I used a square die cut that adds x stitch lines around the outline then attached this diecut piece to a piece of black fun foam for dimension. I went with a coloured card base and thought dark brown would look good and lined the inside of the card with white thick paper for writing on. The fold cracked the card stock a bit on top so I added the twine in a couple of layers to cover the cracks and tied off in a bow and finished off the card with the gold sparkle dots.


Challenges:


Hug


Hug




Thanks




Thanks






Thank you so much for coming to have a look and I hope you come again soon 

Hugs Aileen





3 comments:

lostinpaper said...

So darn cute Aileen!

Cara said...

Two fabulous cards, I did smile at the thought of you sweeping up all those dots though, they'd still be on the floor here!

Melissa Bove said...

Wonderful cards! Such fabulous designs!! SO cute!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa