Translate

Friday 19 January 2018

Love You More Each Day

Well I'm back. Sorry for the double post so close together but as I said in my last post I have done two cards for the Less is More Challenge. Inspiration hit and probably would have kept coming if it hadn't been so late in the evening so lets go onto the next card.

There are a couple of features that are similar to the last card, the 'Love' word die from Papertrey is the same. The frame that is stamped and white embossed and die cut is different to the other card and again I can see I need to make sure I use this more often. I think I will need to make a pile of these a colour in a selection of different colours to remind myself how beautiful they are.

In this instance I didn't quite line up my die perfectly so it is out a little but not enough to matter I felt. coloured with blended Distress inks from the purple range. I then added some flowers that I had coloured in mainly purples with just a touch of pink or orange to add contrast and grey for the leaves.

These stunning looking flowers are from MFT (My Favourite Things) and I just love them. They are fussy cut out and really easy to cut out.


I added roller tape to the back of the frame and flowers and leaves and just played around till I felt the design worked. I love the look of the flowers over the top and under and out the side. Finished off with the 'Love' sentiment die and stamped inside with 'You More Each Day' for Valentine, Birthday or Just Because I Love You card.


Challenges:









The Frame was Stamped and diecut
the flowers stamped and the Love diecut was New 
and not used before.



My favourite die changes week to week probably because 
I have too many and I keep getting more but at the moment I
have gone back to an old faithful that I had forgotten just how beautiful
it was. It goes with a stamp, there are two in the set, two stamps to dies
and they look stunning stamped and embossed in white, gold, silver, platinum 
and even in multicolour inks. I have used in the last couple of posts and you
can see just how wonderful they look.









Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.




14 comments:

Viv said...

A beautiful card Aileen. x

Susan said...

Pretty card. Thanks for sharing at CAS on Friday!

Nonni said...

Wow, this is stunning! I love your coloring and the way you used that frame. Great dimension and detailing. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

Neets B said...

Another lovely entry, Aileen. The flowers are the main focus here so I don't think it matters about the lining up of the frame, which makes a lovely backdrop.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

This is so pretty.
I really like the embossed detail on your frame - so elegant.
xxx

I Card Everyone said...

Aren't I the lucky one to see pretty 1, and 2 in one visit! Both gorgeous, and I totally agree with your plan with that darling frame, Aileen! LOVE indeed...
=]

Linby said...

This is such a pretty card and I love your design. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Penny Black & More challenge.
Lynn x
DT

TaeEun said...

This is a beautiful composition of purple flowers and frame! I love how you placed the bouquet through the frame!

Cara said...

Wow, another stunning card, love the flowers peeking through the frame x

Ellibelle said...

Beautiful design, love those stamps!
Thanks so much for sharing at Penny Black and More challenge with us this month!

Wilma de Korte said...

So lovely! Your colourwork is great.
Thanks for joining us at Cas on Friday!

Bobby said...

Both of your purple frames turned into lovely cards, Aileen. I do love the flowers layered in front and behind.

Annette said...

I know what you mean about changing your favourites every week! I am with you there! :0) This is a gorgeous card, and I love your flower, It's BEAUTIFUL.

Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
Squirrel's not-so-random Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.

Larissa said...

Very pretty, I love the colours on your card. Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa