Translate

Friday 5 January 2018

The Flower Challenge #16 Spotlight Stamping

I have set this post to go live while I am away camping and I have no internet access so here's hoping it happens. If not well, I won't know till I get home and nor will you lol. Looks like something went wrong and it didnt post so doing it now. Better late than never, sorry everyone.

It's time for the Flower Challenge to have its next Challenge and this one couldn't be easier


What that means is you use a flower stamp, you stamp it then you just colour part of the image. If you go to The Flower Challenge Blog you will see that each of us has done it a different way so that confirms that there is no set rule for 'Spotlight Stamping'.
In my instance I used a full floral stamp. I love this stamp and only recently purchased it and have to give myself a pat on the back for having used it already. Its from Pink Fresh Studio designed by Inna Moreva and called Floral Background and a lovely easy stamp to colour in. Anyway in this instance since I am 'Spotlight Colouring' what I have chosen to do is use a circle die to cut out a section of the stamped area.

At first I cut a small circle out then realised that it was just too small for the size of the stamped area so I stamped the image again. Die cut with a bigger circle die then used another circle die from a different set that was only slightly bigger to cut a black circle out to add further contrast.


I coloured the flowers with Copics using 3 of each colour each time for shadow and contrast. The black behind the coloured panel really gives a great contrast and finishes the card off perfectly.
 Finished off with a gold 'Happy Birthday'

See, how easy is that!!! All that image and so little to colour in. Now go check out what the rest of the team have been up to  at The Flower Challenge cause I know that if you want to you can colour/ paint/ stamp even less than I have and still get that same effect. Come and join us in this Challenge. I cant wait to see what you do.

Thanks so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.







10 comments:

Cara said...

Fabulous card, love all the vibrant colours of those perfectly coloured flowers. Hope you enjoyed the camping x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome spotlighting! Love the flower coloring too

I Card Everyone said...

I adore this technique, even if I can never remember what it's called - you've showcased the most beautiful arrangement of beautifully colored flowers, Aileen! Well done, you! xo
=]

Karen Dunbrook said...

love the rich, vibrant colours you used to highlight your flowers...looks fab!!
xx Karen

lostinpaper said...

Love your bright highlighted spotlight! Hope you aren't too hot camping....

TaeEun said...

The black circle frame highlights the colored florals perfectly! Beautifully done!

Viv said...

Such a pretty card Aileen, perfect stamping and love how you coloured the flowers too in those bright colours.Another triumph my dear ;) hugs Viv xx

Aileen said...

fabulous

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love these bright, vibrant colors!

Michelle W said...

I love this beautiful bright card!