Translate

Thursday 12 July 2018

MFT Summer School Classes



I am hoping I can do all my classes in the same post here as I have made one card using a couple of techniques on this one card so I would like to enter it in a couple of classes and would prefer not to have to do individual posts for each. 

I was going to do individual cards for each class and had them all visualised in my mind and even thought I might get to two for each one but life doesn't always play that way. Dad rang me going into meltdown on Monday as he had heard from my sister who had decided last minute to go away for a week to Thailand before setting off for her European holiday later this month.
 Well Europe is cancelled for now, she is in double slings, wrist on one side broken up the bone, they are now waiting to see how the bone is knitting and if it will need a plate, decision next week. Other side the scapula is broken so that has been realigned and immobilised. Took her home from hospital yesterday and she wanted to stay at her flat. Lucky she has a wonderful flat mate who will look after her for a couple of days then she is coming to stay with us.
  
So my cards became short and sweet and I think I learnt quite a bit from each of the classes. Well at least I hope I did. I'm waiting to hear what you think ok.

So I have already done Primary Colours.

This next one is for 





White Space and using the rule of layout so deciding what I am going to use

laying it out so that the eye is drawn to it


and preserving lots of white space. I have used the Triangle STAX and because die
and the sentiment set that goes with the because die.





This card combines a few classes

Repetition stamping as I did that with the little beach huts.




Complementary colours of the cabins were complementary colours on the colour wheel.
Symmetry taking into account the design and layout of the card and placement of stamps in the middle and each side. The side stamp flows in the same direction as though flowing across the page. 



OkayI am going to see if I can link these then comeback and link to other challenges if it works. Thanks so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.

Challenges:


I have chosen white stamp ink as
I have gone mostly white with stamped sentiment
and alcohol ink so I think I have followed the
theme.




Sunshine




Sunshine





Nothing more beautiful than the combination of
blue and mauve alcohol inks













5 comments:

Karren said...

Well done you! These are fabulous and meet the challenges perfectly. Love that column of beach huts - too cute and the triangles look so vivid - just gorgeous!

Darlene said...

I LOVE your color choices ... yes they are two of my favorite alcohol ink colors together! Beautiful creation! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Your Favorite Color’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Terri's Cards N More said...

Love the colors used on the triangles and the layout is perfect. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "Favorite Color" challenge.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Love your beach hut design - so summery and fun!!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

Desperatehousewifecraft said...

Wow you made some gorgeous cards! I especially love the blue and mauve alcohol inked card, my fav colours too! Thanks for sharing them with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters and I look forward to seeing your wonderful creations again soon. Hugs, Gwendolyn