Translate

Monday 30 July 2018

Party Time






I couldn't resist the latest challenge at Muse Card Challenge

Those wonderful rainbow colours and the cute critters were my inspiration. This card is made by Bharati at Handmade Happiness and is just so cute. No way I was missing this challenge.



For my card I have used Tim Holtz Distress Inks as watercolour strips that I painted on then flicked with some water when they were dry for a little bit of contrast. I then added double sided tape to the back of the panel and cut with this new die from Gina Marie Designs 'Flower Burst Trio' $10- how cool is that. I also cut a white version with the double sided tape.  

I added the white negative to my card front then started the job of transferring the coloured petals to the white negative. Was very easy where the petals stayed in the original cut but got more difficult when adding petals that had come loose as some where so close in size to others. I used the coloured negative to help me work out exact position by colour matching and sometimes matching by looking at water marks. Yes it was fiddly and probably could have been done an easier way but I had time to play and fiddle around (waiting on calls) so I enjoyed the process but it was time consuming.




After I had placed all the pieces I looked through my pre coloured images for the perfect addition. I was going to go two critters but ended up going with this little fat cockatoo who looked perfect on her own. (No we don't have pink and white cockatoos in Australia but this one had just been to the feather-dressers and was feeling a little grey and dull with winter and all so decided to pick herself up with a few pink streaks). My cockatoo is from Winnie & Walter (a wonderful collection of little birds and accessories and sentiments in the stamp set)


I then decided to use the 'Party Time' die  (sorry blank on brand at the moment).
I cut one layer in black foam and one layer in silver  cardstock. I attached the silver slightly to the right to give a shadow effect. Placed perfectly to hide the one spot a petal is missing from, it went missing. One little bitty petal so that 't' in party is perfectly placed.


Time to link it up before the challenge closes:







Then got thinking is it CAS enough to go in the AAA challenge and thought, well just link it and if its not right my apologies.


Looking at it again Im thinking maybe a bit too busy for CAS.










Thankyou so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.






12 comments:

Lyn Bernatovich said...

I appreciate all your work on the embedded die background! Wow!

I Card Everyone said...

parTAY ON!! Aileen this is fantastic! LOve that little Mohawk-sporting chick!
=]

Viv said...

Just love this Aileen! Made me smile! x

Aileen said...

So cute

Stampin Mindy said...

I love how you did the die with the double-sided tape. This is stunning!! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday's Anything Goes Challenge. Good Luck!

♥ Mindy

https://bharatinayudu.com/ said...

Hi Aileen, Fabulous take on the Muse card. I just love it so much. Fantastic way to incorporate the rainbow background by inlaying those flower petals. So much effort, but amazing results. Love the die cut sentiment and its clever placement. Your cockatoo looks all set for party. Thank you for playing. Hugs - Bharati

Jane said...

Gorgeous and vibrant use of rainbow colours. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Ruth said...

I think the cockatoo just adds to the card perfectly. What a beautiful burst of colour! xx

BożenA said...

Rainbow flowers are amazing. I love this card because it looks as if the rainbow was coming to us through the eyes of these flowers. What an amazing feeling.
hugs,
BozenA

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Aileen, your card made me smile! You created such a beautiful background and this cockatoo is so cute. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

ÅsaJ said...

A beautiful rainbow card! Fantastic inspiration! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

Radhika said...

We are one of the accredited suppliers of a premium range of copper plate earthing. Manufactured using high-grade material, our product-line is n tandem with international quality standards.