Translate

Friday 20 July 2018

Happy Birthday & Hello Sunshine






I have made two very quick rather CAS cards. I am down visiting mum and dad and was waiting for Elysha who was at a 'Christmas in July' party and my sister to be ready so we could go. And you know that its in these short periods of time I usually get inspired yes I had 25 minutes before I needed to pick up Elysha so this is what I made.

I blended Distress Oxides Worn Lipstick anddddd no I'm not home so I've gone blank pinky/orange
will have to come back to that. None of my photos pick up the true difference in colour that is there, I can just see it (maybe if you squint)
Anyway with this card I have just used the die cut leaf  - beautiful isn't it. New purchase, yes I have to admit I just went nuts and bought more than what I needed from Gina Marie Designs I'm going to talk some more about Gina later in my post.


I am just in love with how this wonderful leaf looks and the ideas I have going through my head for using it. In this instance my time constraint meant two simple cards. So the first with the die cut blended image and and 'Happy birthday' diecut .

Now this time I have cut a white version of the leaf then then inlaid the colour fill from the first die cut that I had added double sided tape to before I put it through the Big Shot. 

Next time I won't worry about the double sided tape, I think it was more fiddly especially trying to get the backing off the wee little pieces, it would have been easier to have little dots of glue in the empty slots. 

I love how it turned out and I managed to keep every piece on hand. This time I added the 'hello sunshine' from Stamplorations. Another die I love using.


There you go two super easy cards using this fabulous leaf die cut twice (price for the die $6).


Now I mentioned Gina before, she is the proud own of Gina Marie Designs and sells a number of things, amongst them lots of amazing dies. What I find amazing about her dies is the great quality and the price. Now we all love those dies that give us wonderful borders and frames and backgrounds well she has an amazing collection. No she doesn't have everything but she certainly has enough to keep me very happy. 

When I can get a set of dies that will give me say 7 different sized frames 
 
looks absolutely brilliant and only just back briefly from retirement -$10.

this one is Wonky stitched oval. See the thin ovals thats so you can just emboss the stitching or add the thin oval and cut -$10.  

The others you will just have to wait and see as I make the cards cause I'm not admitting just how many I bought but I will say that I will be having lots of fun.

 I am not getting paid or receiving any gift from Gina for doing this post. I had a big shop and wanted to share but also wanted too raise awareness of the fact that she is producing very good quality items at very affordable prices and people should be checking her business out. 



Challenges:



Happy Birthday




Hello Sunshine




Happy Birthday




Hello Sunshine




Hello Sunshine




Something old - Happy Birthday die
Something new -the leaf die but at least Im using it.
Distress Oxide - oldish 




Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon

















6 comments:

lostinpaper said...

LOVE both versions, what a clever and fun design idea!

BożenA said...

Of course I see a beautiful orange shade of this leaf! Wonderfully composed colors, so vivid and vibrant. I know why you fell in love with this die. It's so beautiful! Both cards are amazing, very similar and yet so different.
Hugs,
BozenA

Tammy L said...

That is a really neat die cut! A lovely CAS card! Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again!
Tammy DT

ankitag612 said...

Such a pretty CAS card. I love the second card so much. With white on white. Very elegant. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

Barbara said...

What a great CAS card both of them. I adore the intricate leaf die and that you let it stand alone on the card. Thanks for being a friend of Seize the Birthday and sharing this card with us.
Barbara DT member

Ruth said...

It's always good to know of companies who deliver both value for money and good products. I love what you've done with the leaf die - it's a Twofer!! Can't go wrong with that. And I want a Christmas in July party!!! xx