Translate

Thursday 26 July 2018

Big Hugs





I decided to give the stain glass technique that lots of people have been doing. Inspiration of course is Jennifer McGuire and this brilliant blog post . I have done cards with Glossy Accents before but usually built up. This look is flatter so gives the look of Stained glass and fun to do.



Check out this stunning die cut, yes its another one Gina Marie Designs . This one was a little harder to cut out cleanly due to all those wee little pieces but I found twice through was enough to get a clean cut. The panel behind the die cut is a piece of watercolour paper that I had just added random colours to. It was a  scrap piece that I thought I would never use yet its perfect for this card.







Here you can see the Glossy Accents over the colours, looks great and easy to do.



When I cut the floral pattern I did two so I could build up a bit with the actual die cut. I cut on a piece of card that was bigger than the card front as I needed to add first my watercolour panel then lay the design so it showed colour in all the flowers. I then glued in place, added each of the flower layers. I then placed upside down on my cutter and trimmed off the excess cardstock to the card shape and size.

 After this came the Glossy Accents.This was a bit hard in the smaller sections but I found I could control the flow enough to get into the coloured section and wipe away any excess.


I finished the card off with a 'big hugs' new die from Simon Says
Really pleased with how it looks.




Challenges:

watercoloured panel behind the flowers.















Thanks so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.





6 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is so pretty! Well done!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Eileen :-) the die cut flowers are stunning and I love the background colours, so pretty!! I absolutely LOVE this!!! <3

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Nélida Cordón said...

Awesome!The die cut and the colors! Beautiful card, indeed!
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs
Hugs

Dandi93 said...

Absolutely gorgeous Aileen, you've showcased the die perfectly with all of the color

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

How delicate and sweet it is!!! Love the rainbow behind that amazing die-cut. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

Ruth said...

It looks so beautiful. I can't imagine how fiddly it must have been with all those little bits, but the results are marvellous. And Gina Marie Designs really does have lots of great stuff by the look of it! xx