Translate

Monday 9 July 2018

Ruff Days Are Easier with Friends andI Love you RAIN OR SHINE

Another two cards so another post. This card has shown me I can colour using the Primary Colours Red, Blue and Yellow. I used the same stamp set as was used in the class example from MFT Summer School but I used a different girl and have her splashing in a puddle.


I stamped the puddle in blue ink to make it blend better but you can still see the lines and I'm not that happy with that so will probably go back and fiddle with it later. but I am happy with the colours and would never have used this combo before. It looks fantastic. Now to try on a different stamp set.

I don't have the die cuts with the stamps and didnt have time to scan 'n' cut last night so I just used a die I already had with stitched die clouds. I didnt want to add the clouds behind with blending but may go back and do with some faint blue, still trying to decide. Even though the project was Primary colours you are allowed to use skin tone and hair colour. So one Class completed.




I wanted to do a super CAS card, outdoors, animal, cute and this sweet little dog with his friend the snail, just fit the bill. At least I hope that snail is his friend and he's not planning to step back and let go so the snail goes flying through the air and splats on the brick wall just out of view - I'm just checking to see if your reading what I'm writing okay.


So with this little sweetie and friend from Whimsey Stamps I added the perfect
sentiment from a stamp set from MFT stamps.
'Ruff Days are Easier
With Friends'

There was never a truer sentiment. 

Minimal colouring with Copics really suits this image and only a touch of blue outline
for the sky and its finished. No gems or sequins, keeping it all one layer and CAS.



Challenges :


Ruff Days are Easier........




I Love you Rain or Shine




I Love you Rain or Shine




I Love you Rain or Shine




Thanks for my top Ten Pick on the front porch last month and love your new buttons and header. I've gone without the twist this time and actually gone super CAS with my puppy and snail
"Ruff Days are Easier with Friends"


Thanks everyone for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.  


TODAYS RANT

ALSO Remember when you buy those super super cheat brand new stamps and dies that have no brand markings on them and look exactly like the brand name ones they have been copyright infringed so that means you are helping to send that business to the wall and when they are gone and there are only the cheap versions left, there will also be no one left designing new stuff. 

You will be able to pat yourselves on the back and say 'I HELPED DESTROY THAT BUSINESS  BECAUSE I WANTED IT CHEAPER'.

If you cant afford the real version, let the company know its too expensive for you and they will have to look at what they are doing.

 Don't buy it from the thief because it just makes you as bad as them. Go without.





4 comments:

Karren said...

Your primary colors card is adorable and I laughed out loud at your story about the snail! Too funny and a super-cute card.

Debi said...

Your coloring is spot on! Fabulous CAS card. Thanks so much for joining the fun at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Good luck. Debi DT TT

Greta said...

I have to say, some friends are buying from the thieves with their shockingly low prices. But when I saw them even steal the DT samples for their advertising, I just couldn't do it. Hopefully the actual companies will look at whether they really have to charge an arm & a leg, especially for dies. OK--enough of that! I do love your cards! Perfect images for Primary Colors & oh that doggy image is just too sweet & your coloring is wonderful! I'm sure he's not going to let go so there's a splat--haha!

I Card Everyone said...

LOve that little puddle jumpers, Aileen! so darling... and then! you top it with that adorable pup - you meant to say 'crack, and splat' right? xx
=]