Translate

Friday 16 October 2015

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass



Don't they look so happy. Love this AI stamp, it arrived yesterday with my once every two years order from Simon Says. The sentiment is from a different company.I wasn't to use this sentiment rather than one of the ones that came with it.

I decided to really work here and decided to paper piece all their dresses. So that meant stamping the image once on the card then four times on different patterned paper. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. Got a little fiddly as I had to save some extremely small pieces for the pinky/red dress.


I coloured their bodies first then paper pieced then finished off their outfits and hair. Added just a little Wink of Stella this time to earrings and the bow, then the jacket and pinky/red dress but it really isn't showing here.

I decided to give that pale blue outline that seems to pick the image up. Had one stuff up but coved up pretty well and its not glaring in your eyes obvious. 

Well I now have enough cut outs to do another three cards and I reckon I could do a card with the front lady dancing on her own if I was to cut her out. All the others would have things missing.

Okay I would like to add this to



I know its a CAS challenge but I wanted to use the image as is and didn't add any other embellishments so hopefully its okay. Certainly paper pieced.




Just one more look. I hope you enjoy your visit and come again soon.






10 comments:

lostinpaper said...

So happy to see you have this stamp. you have totally made it shine Aileen! It's on my wish list... buying from the US, you are game at the moment with the Aussie dollar so low lol.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love love LOVE these happy ladies and who wouldn't with those clothes? Clever paper piecing Aileen! Thanks for sharing! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful clean style card, the ladies are having so much, I love the quote. Your colouring is also beautiful. I see you've been enjoying a great Copic class (I don't have Copics, everything else it seems though...) Thanks for stopping in a my blog, take care, Shirleyxx

Chrisboldo said...

Oh these gals just make me smile, love it! Great card!

Hugs
chris

creationsnz said...

They certainly are fun ladies! Great work on the piecing.

Toni said...

What a fun card and great message! Using the designer paper for the dresses was spot on!

Toni
HLS CAS DT

Kim Heggins said...

AMAZ-ing!!!!!!

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... this is so fun, Aileen!!! What a fabulous image ... and perfectly done with your wonderful colouring and fun paper piecing. Great job!! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, this is such a fun card, Aileen! Beautiful coloring and your paper piecing is fabulous!

Linda said...

This is so much fun .... you've done a fab job with the paper piecing too! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. Linda xx