Translate

Monday 5 October 2015

Two Lives, one Beautiful future


I decided to use a stamp from Stamping Bella but only the top half. When stamped fully you can see its a wedding card, but using only the top half it can be an Engagement card.


I decided that was what I would do. I actually stamped and coloured four different versions. This blue/green, a brown, a red and a gold. One each I added glue to the dress and poured on glitter. Glitter from Martha Stewart, I love it as its quite fine and wonderful colours.

They all look wonderful but of course today I have just used the blue/green. I added a bit of glitter to the flowers swell by drawing some of the outlines with a pink glitter pen. Cut the white and the green layers with a die, added some fun foam to the back for dimension. 

Went looking for Engagement sentiment stamps and found that I only had one and it has disappeared. The Borrowers have borrowed it and will return it at some stage, just not sure when.

So I have NO, NADA, NIL, NONE Engagement Sentiments. I used one from a Wedding set
"Two lives, ONE Beautiful Future as I felt it could be an Engagement sentiment. I was going to add a die cut 'Congratulations but it was too wide and the Congrats too big and I must start planning my cards better.



Nothing is nicer than a beautiful bluey/green (teal!!)

Thanks for coming to Visit and I hope you come again soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Aileen. How clever/versatile to use your wedding stamps for engagement cards.

Cazro said...

A wonderful engagement card, so delicate and elegant. Thanks for sharing with us for our FIRST challenge, hope to see you playing along with us again at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz DT.

Chrisboldo said...

Aileen, this is such a sweet card! I am new to your blog and I love what I've seen, your a talented card maker.
Hugs
Chris B
http://thecardphilelady.blogspot.com

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Sarn said...

Hi Aileen . . . been having a nose through your blog and see I've missed a whole lot of beautiful work. Will leave you some comments as I go through.

I think the sentiment you used looks WONDERFUL and the colouring is sublime.

Hugs, Sarn xxx