Translate

Tuesday 12 April 2016

A little something Just for you.


Using up the  Kuretake watercoloured Altenew flowers that I had painted previously on the cheap watercolour paper (I actually went through all my pre prepared stamped and printed images on the cheap paper and threw them all out. So much work put into making them all up previously that I had put them all in a pile then was having second thoughts....... pondering..... then I got out my paints and started just playing around and NO they all went into the recycle bin). Clean start on good quality paper.


On this panel I have painted one flower and ended up trimming nearly the whole of the small one up in the corner but I think it still works ok. Don't you just love the richness of the Kuretake paints.
I used the stitched die rectangle that cuts out and leaves stitches on the cut out piece and the negative.


I then cut again with the pink cardstock. placed a small piece of cardstock on the inside that covers the hole left by the removal of the die cut piece and gives an area to attach the watercoloured piece to on the card so now it is an inlaid die cut.

Finished it all off with the lovely stamped sentiment and a few smooth pink gems.










thanks for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.



16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful

Greta said...

Love the inlaid panel & gorgeous flower--great card, Aileen!

Loll said...

LOVE your card Aileen. Gorgeous images and perfectly watercoloured. xx

lostinpaper said...

Oh so beautiful Aileen, is that a shimmer I see?

Ruth said...

Gorgeous - love the brightness of the flower. That's really intense for watercolour. Stunning. Xx

Deepti Stephens said...

Very beautiful :)

Mac Mable said...

Yes those paints are really vibrant and just gorgeous. Love how you've done the inlaid layout, beatuiful card x

Cara said...

Once again I'm in awe of your colouring. Just stunning. Cara x

Barb Ghig said...

You've done such an amazing job with your watercolors, Aileen! Gorgeous flowers and I love the font on the sentiment!

Anonymous said...

this is such a beautiful card aileen! the floral image is so pretty, lovely in pink and beautifully coloured too! sometimes we learn the hard way that you get what you pay for and good watercolour paper is worth paying for. :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh WOW!! Aileen, gorgeous card, that image from Altenew is so beautiful and it lends itself to be colored in all shades of the rainbow. I love the way you placed this flower and the other one peeking out from the corner works out perfectly for this design.
I MUST GET ME A SET OF THIS STITCHED DIES!!!!! there is something about the stitched detail that make your panels look so perfectly finished.
Getting good quality water color paper is a must so your lovely work can shine through, I use Canson 140lb. water color paper for all my cards, it can take a lot of water and it doesn't warp.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Marybeth said...

This is stunning Aileen! Oh how you made that stamp shine and shimmer! Love the pretty way you framed it too!

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful, classy card Aileen the image, colours and CAS style design are fabulous
hugs
lorraine x

Meihsia Liu said...

Your card is so beautiful. Love the pretty flower. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card Aileen...so simple in design but stunning to look at...thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

Jenny Colacicco said...

I think having the bloom coming just onto the edge is very cool- definitely adds a whole other level to a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at AAA cards!