Translate

Monday 25 April 2016

You are incredible


Another background stamp that I love. This is a new one from MFT (My Favourite Things). I watched a video by Sandy Allnock Three Marker Challenge

And I also saw where the background was used to make a set of cards in Purple colours, pale green colours and the reds by another very talented lady but I am so sorry I cant find the piece of paper with the link to her blog or her name. If you see my card and remember me visiting your blog know that I am very grateful for the inspiration.


I used colours BG11 BG13 ad BG49. It was fun and relaxing doing this. Fantastic stamp for this technique. After colouring I then cut the panel in half.


I used my all time favourite colour combination of this green with soft purple cardstock.
 Attached the panel straight onto the card and decided to use the 'incredible' word die that I layered up three times. Stamped 'you are' in Stazon Ink and used the Misty as the cardstock has a weave that tends to resist the ink. This way I was able to stamp three times without having to worry about it not lining up.
My only disappointment in the photo is that the gem I have used looks pink in the photos but it is white and sparkly and picky up on the purple from the card but it doesn't show here.


I will keep the other half of the image for another card later. If you haven't done three marker colouring before this is a great image to start with as its quite repetitious and a good way to build up your understanding of light and shadows. I found it best to pick a bloom then concentrate on that bloom petal by petal working out the flow and direction. No expert but certainly enjoyable.

I saw the challenge over at

You don't have to use their stamps if you don't have them (which I don't sadly) but if you want there are digital images available or you can use any stamp as I have done. 

I have downloaded one to try, now I have done this one, it will just depend on this rotten cold I have and if I can get myself moving on it as there are only 6 days left to the challenge.

Then I saw this challenge and thought 'Favourite Colour Combo' fits the bill perfectly.

Nothing beats the colour combo I have used on this card.


Okay thanks for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.
Aileen













9 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

This is lovely Aileen, the colour is so soothing. It’s a gorgeous stamp! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

Ruth said...

Gorgeous! I love the colours on that background stamp and it's paired up beautifully with the purple. Xx

lostinpaper said...

Only 3 markers, how wonderful, as is your card! Love it Aileen!

Stampsnob. said...

Incredible it is three markers WOW TFS Craft Rocket Lis DT

Cara said...

Love the restriction of 3 pens, takes away a lot of the worry and allows you to flow with the colouring. Great way to use the panel on your card. Cara x

Kathy Jones said...

What a beautiful, serene, monochromatic card!! Awesome job with the challenge - thanks for playing along with Power Poppy!

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Aileen I love the mono look also those flower they are so beautiful a super, super make
hugs
lorraine x

*Vicki* said...

A very creative way to use a background stamp and don't use mine nearly enough!! Brilliant work and pretty coloring! :) HUGS

Kara Lynne said...

Aileen, I am so honored by your kind words! Your card is absolutely beautiful! I agree, that is a fun one to color and very relaxing! I love your color combo too!