Translate

Monday 4 April 2016

Thank you with Washi tape feathers



I wasn't sure if I could do this washi tape challenge as I have the tape but have found each time I use it I don't like what I see and remove it. That is till my latest purchase, I had always bought bright colours, dots and stripes and honestly I have been using for holding dies in place and when I want to do some blending.
My latest purchases were one of those whim things where I had seen some washi on someones card and decided I would use it. One search of course led to many and as you all know and I am sure many do the same 'wow $1 or $2 each roll no postage of course I have to get more than just one'. Now I have a nice collection I am sure I will use..... gold looks so nice in different patterns.


Gold and white/pink stripes with an ombre effect, mmmm mmm. Just placed the tape along a piece of thin card stock then used my feathers dies to cut some shapes. Then I used a scrap of white card stock and decided where I wanted the feathers to be and cut again.

I die cut with the stitched rectangle die a nice piece of pink scrap that the white piece would fit in and then just attached to a white card base. Procrastinated as usual over the sentiment and then came across this pretty 'thank you' Penny Back word die that had been cut from a piece of Inktense coloured watercolour paper and it just worked perfectly. Finished  of with a wee pink gem. 

I am totally happy with the end result and now I need to go see what else can be covered in washi tape. I cant believe this, Jake heard me humming and it must be my mad person hum cause he's gone into hiding. Silly dog, as thought I would washi tape him.









Okay thank you very much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.











16 comments:

Cathy said...

Wow! love the sparkly gold washi tape Aileen, it looks fabulous here. I too use mine as removable tape but I love what you've done with it, Cathy x

Unknown said...

Wow! How eye catching! Those glinty gold stripes look fabulous, and I love your layout! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week, Aileen!

Ashwini Rao said...

Sooo pretty!! Those gold stripes look absolutely fabulous!

Paru Mahtani said...

Wow! Love the stripey shiney leaves!!
Do stop by and play Paru’s Card Making Challenges!!
http://paruscardmakingchallenges.blogspot.in/

Ruth said...

That is nice Washi tape. I have a few rolls, but am still not entirely sure how to use them - this is a very nice idea to use it for covering dies with. Love the pink frame too. Xx

Hannelie said...

Stunning Aileen! So special!
Thanks for joining us at Casology!

Mac Mable said...

Very striking and loving the Washi tape and how you've used it. I have this very second ordered those feather dies...spooky! Looking forward to seeing the dog covered in Washi tape x Really eye catching card x

Cara said...

Love that washi tape, glad that you're starting to fall back in love with it. Stunning card. I look forward to seeing more creations with it. Cara

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful washi & it works so well with the feather die cuts! Thanks for sharing with us at the CASology challenge this week, Aileen!

Melissa L. said...

This is lovely, Aileen. :) Now I want to see what different smallish dies I might try out with this technique.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!! Aileen, this card is gorgeous. I love the gold shimmer of those feathers, this is one amazing washi tape.
I'm skipping this challenge since I don't have any washi tape but you just gave me some amazing ideas and I think I'm going to go look for some of this tape tomorrow.
I did the inlaid challenge, that's how I saw your card.
Simply amazing, my friend.
Thank you for sharing.
Maria.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Aileen, the washi feathers looks absolutely FABULOUS!! I love the pink with the gold foil, AWESOME! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

BożenA said...

So it looks like the perfect card. Remarkable.
hugs,
BozenA

Andrea W said...

Your feathers look awesome! I struggle with washi tape too, but I really like how you used it. Very pretty!

Deepti said...

This is so beautiful :) gold looks awesome, thank you for sharing with ATCAS !

Bhavana said...

Loved the way you combined 2 word. Great take on the challenges. Thanks for sharing you card at ATCAS