Translate

Wednesday 13 April 2016

Best Wishes Partial Painted


I saw a card in my travels through blog land that got me started on this idea but I cant remember where. Thats the problem with so many blogs to visit. 

Cant remember if its one of my favourite blogs or a card in a challenge but anyway thanks to someone else inspiration brought me this card.

 I silver embossed the background on to Tim Holtz Watercolour paper then randomly added colours. I used four different colours and just added them here and there. I did have one spill through that you can see where the purple has gone into the pink. 
I did tidy it up a bit but it you look closely you will see the silver embossing didnt take in a small bit of the line and thats why the watercolour kept running into the other. 





Okay so when I felt there was enough colour added I added a 'Best Wishes' sentiment cut from silver mirror card and felt that was enough. I really like it.




I have gone without the topping for this one.




Thanks for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.




14 comments:

Lin said...

Lovely mix of colors, Aileen! And the sparkle of the silver makes it very festive! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Jodene said...

I love the use of silver with those gorgeous vibrant colours, a great card! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

maria f. said...

Such pretty colors. I'm sure that was soothing to color.

Mac Mable said...

What a unique and clever idea. Loving the silver embossing and the colours. You are so very critical of yourself..But then hey ho aren't us all crafters? Very striking card x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this looks fantastic Aileen those colours really 'pop' a wonderful creation
hugs
lorraine x

Cara said...

Love this, so bright and cheerful. Cara x

Marilyn said...

Oh my gosh... this is so pretty Aileen! I love it!

*Vicki* said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I just love the multi-colored areas in the background with the embossing and die cut sentiment!! Really amazing! ;)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I like the silver embossing. Having trouble spotting the colour mix - it's like a where's wally! So don't worry about it. :)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A complete stunner Aileen. Perfect colours, embossing and sentiment.
A super fun card all round. Thanks for sharing and playing along at AAA cards this week. Sarah

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Aileen, this is just gorgeous!!! I've always loved the look of embossed background stamps and water colors, and for the life of me, I can't see where you say the colors are running?? Love this card, I only have like 3 background stamps, sheeesh!! I love this one you used, all those little petals really hold the color beautifully.
Thank you for sharing.
Maria.

Ruth said...

This is very pretty. I love the silver embossing around the bright colours. Really gives the colouring some bling. No one notices the little mistakes - not really mistakes at all! - I think they just add to the character and that they are proving they really are hand made. Xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh I just love this. Love the embossing and partial coloring. Just a fantastic card for a special occasion! Thanks for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards.

Jill V said...

Really pretty background - those colours are beautiful and the silver embossing adds the right amount of shine! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AAA Cards! Jill